Spirit Quest Essay
When I initially signed up for the Spirit-Quest course, I had been thinking that I wanted to divorce my husband. Since then, we entered into some couples' counseling, I received some individual counseling, and I completed the Spirit Quest course. Because of that, we decided to stay together. I think the Spirit Quest course was a piece of the patchwork quilt that helped me resolve some of the problems in my marriage.
My Spiritual Goal, which I created in the first lesson, was to be in a sacred, loving, sexually satisfying relationship. Also, I wanted to find happiness in life. I was suffering at the time from what was probably a clinical depression. At one point, I took a test that is used for screening patients for symptoms of depression. Out of nine possible symptoms, I had all nine! Including, but not limited to, a wish to die! Things were looking somewhat bleak for me. Since then, I have gained some composure, and any symptoms that still remain are considerably reduced in intensity. Thank goodness, and thanks to our counselors, and thanks to the skills I learned.
Some of my favorite skills that I learned from the Spirit Quest course:
· I now have these friendly Velcro Roses, that I use to clean my aura or clear any negativity that I have been subjected to.
· I use the Grounding Cord imagery to calm and center myself.
· I remind myself to be amused, and when I can’t be amused, I allow myself to be amused by my own lack of amusement..
· I have become more aware of how Spirit is communicating with me, through:
· I have learned to ask the right questions when communicating with Spirit
· I have identified myself as a Future thinker and now put my attention on living more in the Present moment.
And, finally, I have renewed my understanding that happiness is my own choice. I am apparently more open to happiness these days, since I am experiencing more of it than I had been previously.