Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson I - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson I Translation vs Paraphrase

#1 User is offline   lake 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Helping others, is my primary goal, secondary helping myself. Have my Doctorate of Divinity, Doctorate of Philosophy in religion and Doctorate of Religious Humanities

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Describing the basic difference between translation vs paraphrase is about learning a new language and correctly articulating the langauge in its proper form. Learning a new language, reading the bible is about having a decipher for understanding the key components and or phrases. Translation is about getting to true essence of what is being said on paper or verbage. paraphrase is about learning a new language or reading a passage and recapping the essence or gist of what is the plot or summarizing the importance of the story.

The Bible is presented as collection of words and thoughts of how man lived and died for the sake of following God's commandments. Knowing this, The "Bible" has been revamped to show or tell a new version of how man followed, failed, became lost and was reborn under the Lord's conception.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users