Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: 7-8 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

7-8 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   rev c watson 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Family, ministry, learning, riding my Harley, fishing

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

I have seen these different philosophies for years playing out in others,and myself, but I wasn't quite sure where they originally were started, and how they developed into what I've experienced. I absoutely agree that both are important to be well balanced. As it was described in the lesson, it is my goal to create a calm positive atmosphere so I can deliver the message that Christ really taught.
It's about "doing the next right thing", and living a life of service, toward others, easing the suffering, or joining in the celebrations. Being that calm level headed presents is, I believe, the key to helping people move forward when they are stuck.

I have a cousin that is a Baptist minister in the south. We had gone down for a funeral, and during his message, he talked about his grandaughter that has some serious developmental diabilities. He went on to talk how God was punishing him with this abomination because of his passed transgressions. That really was my first experience with with Religious "CRAZY"! I had heard and seen some questionable things from him in the past, but at that moment, I realized that the cookoo was all the way out of the clock!!! I firmly believe that everyone has the right to believe what they want, and I have no right to infringe on their beliefs. I choose not to subject myself to that kind of misguided fanaticism. Nothing anyone can say will never change that kind of thinking, only medication will, I believe.

Enjoy your next 24, PEACE!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users