Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Gospel According To Luke - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gospel According To Luke Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lake 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Helping others, is my primary goal, secondary helping myself. Have my Doctorate of Divinity, Doctorate of Philosophy in religion and Doctorate of Religious Humanities

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

The Four Gospels Seminary Course:
Book of LUKE

I found the book of Luke to give me comfort. Luke was the beloved physician of Colossians 4:14, “Luke, the beloved physician and Demas, greet you”. (The Gospels; Luke)
When reading “The Parable of the Unjust Steward,” Luke gives contrast of parables; whereas, most parables are comparison. (The Gospels: Luke)
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much; and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much.

If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man’s, who shall give you that which is your own? (Luke 16:10-12)

Mankind tries to serve the higher calling with open, caring, understanding about others, and their purposes. But as Jesus stated:
No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. (Luke 16:13)

We tend to our sheep, plow our fields, and plant our future. These concepts are found in all aspects of everyday life. Following orders as a boss delegates can affect our moral righteous as humanity: Going to war for no purpose, demonstrating, following orders blindly. Working for an organization that goes against your personal paradigm: Working for Planned Parenthood, or Animal Care & Control: terminating an animal for having a runny nose.

The parable of the unjust steward is symbolic in everyday life. The movie “Working Girl” is the time tested parable of getting to top by “breaking the rules” to reach the top is to break the rules. Jesus’ parable is also about the saving of one soul at a time. Jesus sat with the sinners knowing the Pharisees would condemn his affiliation. Knowing this was the cause for rejoice. God is watching what we do with the little things that He gives us that we call our life to see if we are faithful enough to handle more important things.

The parable of the unjust steward is accepting each person in their spiritual essence and saving each soul one at a time. Serving two masters is a fine line for all to walk. The finer material in life is costly but who is to say is what the going rate for a human soul is? The Dow Jones does not have soul commodities.

#2 User is offline   lake 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Helping others, is my primary goal, secondary helping myself. Have my Doctorate of Divinity, Doctorate of Philosophy in religion and Doctorate of Religious Humanities

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:50 AM

Final Essay: Luke

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users