Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Being And Over Comer! - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Being And Over Comer! Standing your ground

#1 User is offline   Morninglight 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Studying to show my self approved of the Great Spirit.

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

Being and Over Comer!

Please pray, Father as we start this year, watch over us, bless us and guide us to be Over Comers!

Adversity what a word, just the sound of it makes us not want to hear what ever is next. No one likes adversity as it means hard times, hurt feelings, possibly tears. Adversity is never easy but we seem to go through it all the time. Some of my personal adversity has been a broken heart, sickness of loved ones and loved ones dieing, money problems, you mention it and we have gone through it. We have all heard what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, that’s kind of a Duh statement so what does the Bible say, a lot so I’ve just chosen a few;

And David answered Rechab and Baanah his brother, sons of Rimmon the Beerothite, As the Lord lives, who redeemed my life out of all adversity,
2 Samuel 4:8-10

He delivers the afflicted in their affliction and opens their ears [to His voice] in adversity.
Job 36:14-16

He thinks in his heart, I shall not be moved; for throughout all generations I shall not come to want or be in adversity.
Psalm 10:5-7

And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes will constantly behold your Teacher.
Isaiah 30:19-21

Our God does not give us affliction or adversity but he is there with us when we go through it and the key word there is through. He, God our Father wants us to look to him as we go through. Keeping our eyes, ears and mind on the light at the end of the tunnel is the key. It may not come out the way we want, we may still be sick, or lose a loved one but He is there with us, hugging us, wiping our tears and Loving us like no one else can. He is our teacher and will gladly give us instruction when we ask and seek through the reading of his word and prayer.

Father thank you for being with us during this time. We appreciate you always being with us, teaching us and helping us come through the tuff times in our lives and the lives of those we love so much. Keep everyone strong for these times are hard but we know we are not alone your love and the love of our Church family will get us through!

Please write us with any prayer requests or questions you may have. Till next week…Love, Peace and the Lord watch over you

Joy Maestas D.D.
Teaching for 1/1/2012

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users