Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Alive Again - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alive Again When I died and was brought back

#1 User is offline   Druid Rev. Anthony B. 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:30 PM

When I was four years old, we were had a bad year. Our house had burned down one night while were visiting my grandparents' house, and unfortunately, at that time the county had no fire department. Since we lived about three blocks outside the city limits, the fire trucks came and stopped three blocks away, in case the fire spread to any homes for which they had responsibility. While this angered me very much at one time, now I can understand better why they did this... even though I still say I would have done things differently.

A couple of months later, we were staying with my grandparents until we could find a new place to live. One Sunday we had driven to a town nearby, and were returning that night to my grandparents' house. We rounded a curve, and there, sitting in the road with no lights and one reflector, was a broken-down tractor trailer truck carrying tons of cotton. It was dark, and my dad was traveling at about 50 mph, so we slammed up under the rear end of the truck. This was in 1961. Seat belts, harnesses, and air bags were things of the future. Our car's dash was made of painted steel, like most at the time.

I was in the back seat when we hit the truck, and when they pulled me out of the car, they found me up under the front dash. I had a hole all the way through my left cheek, about the diameter of a quarter. I was cut under my chin, across my upper lip, and across the brow of my left eye. My hip was broken.

I wasn't breathing.

The ambulance attendants put me on a stretcher and covered my body, face and all, with a sheet. My parents were removed to the ambulance to be taken to the hospital.

We had this accident about 100 yards from a little rock country church in Georgia, and services were in progress at the time. The congregation of the church all came streaming out, so I have been told, and stood around praying for us. I do know that two ladies from the church in particular were standing by my stretcher, touching my sheet-covered body and praying for me.

As the ambulance was preparing to leave, one of the ladies saw me move under the sheet. She screamed out, "He's alive! God in heaven, this boy's alive!" The attendants rushed over and took me along with them to the hospital, instead of leaving me for the next ride--to the morgue.

I was in the hospital for a little over six weeks, longer than either of my parents. I was in traction for my broken hip, and had a LOT of stitches in my face. But I was alive---again.

More than most people, I know that every day is a gift from the Universe, that every breath is one I might not have had, that each pulse that pushes blood through my veins is a boon. And this is a true story... it is not a fiction.

Remember when choosing the lesser of two evils, it is still an evil. -- Max Lerner

#2 User is offline   Druid Rev. Anthony B. 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

Sorry... I meant to say "we had a bad year," not "we were had a bad year." Going back and editing can sometimes introduce mistakes!
Remember when choosing the lesser of two evils, it is still an evil. -- Max Lerner

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users