Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Good New Report, Sunday; June 5, 2011 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Good New Report, Sunday; June 5, 2011 Back to Clearwater beach preaching the gospel.

#1 User is offline   Rev. Harry 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:We like fishing for fish, but fishing for men is more fruitful. There are lots of fun things to see and do in Orlando. We just preach the gospel as we go.

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

Dear friends,
Wipha and I had a fruitful day today, preaching the gospel to many.
We decided to return to Clearwater Beach since there were so many people
there last Monday for Memorial day. On the way to the beach we stopped at
another Cracker Barrel Restaurant. There are three of them between Orlando and
Tampa, but this time we went to the one closest to Tampa. As usual, we preached
the gospel to many of the staff including the two managers. The older one was
giving me the eye so I went over to him and preached the gospel and he believed
and became born-again into the family of God. Before we left we preached the
gospel to about 25 or 30 people.
Then we drove the rest of the way to Clearwater Beach and it was packed!
We took a photo to show you how packed it was. You will see the fishing peer in
the background about a mile away. We preached the gospel to about 35 people by
the time we reached the peer, giving many of them our Good News Card and
encouraging them to preach the gospel as well. We took a different route back
to our camper and saw one of the deep-sea boats unload their fish and clean
them. While the captain was cleaning the fish one of the Pelicans hanging
around swiped a fish filet and he angrily chased it with his filet knife, but it
got away.
Once again, the gospel according to the scriptures is - "Christ died for
our sins, he was buried, and he rose the third day (1 Cor 15.1-4)." and it is
easily preached to another by first asking them if they have heard the good news
(Gospel means good news.). This is the gospel that the Apostle Paul himself
received and preached (See 1 Cor 15.3-4) and when told to others in person it
saves every one who believes (Rom 1.16, 1 Cor 1.21 & Eph 6.19). There is a big
difference between knowing and believing. Most people already know it but when
we preach it to another it gives them the chance to believe and be saved. The
fact is, they must make a choice to either believe or not believe when the
gospel is preached to them. I find that ninety percent believe and become born
again into the family of God. The gospel is powerful (Rom 1.16).
I'm not writing to brag on how many we preached the gospel to today. We
just want to show you that the gospel can (and should) be preached by believers
as we go into the world. It's the only way to turn our world right-side up and
speed Christ's return. I'll close for now and attach a paper I revised
yesterday.
God bless,
Harry & Wipha

DECEIVING OURSELVES

We go to church and listen to elegant sermons, read our bibles faithfully, go to bible studies, worship, fellowship and pray: but we leave off the most important part. We don’t preach the gospel that others might believe on Christ and be saved (1 Cor 1.21, Mk 16.15, Jn 6.47 & Acts 16.31). James, the brother of Jesus, wrote: "But be doers of the word (work), and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves (Jas 1.22-25)."

There are six and a half billion people, 300 million in the USA, to whom we must preach the gospel (Mk 16.31). Then the end will come and Christ return and takes us to be with him forever (Mk 16.15, Mt 24.14 & 30-31, 1 Thes 4.13-18). This is the work (James 1.25). But a little leaven (false doctrine) has leavened the whole lump (Gal 5.9 & Mt 16.6&12). Man's 'plan of salvation' has taken the place of the gospel and is hindering it from being preached (See PLAN OF SALVATION and THE SINNER'S PRAYER on www.preach-the-gospel.org.).

A person is saved by believing on Christ after the gospel is preached to them ( See 47 PASSAGES ON BELIEF on www.preach-the-gospel.org), not by a prayer of salvation or sinner's prayer. How many people have you led to Christ by the 'plan of salvation?' Not one, most likely. But Christ did not say lead others to Christ or present a 'plan of salvation'. His command to all believers is "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature (Mk 16.15)." But how can we preach the gospel if we don't know what it is? I attended church for thirty years and was never taught what the gospel is or how to preach, only man's 'plan of salvation' that can't be preached without a pulpit (See DO THE MATH on www.preach-the-gospel.org.).

The Apostle Paul wrote - “Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and wherein you stand; By which also you are saved, if you keep in memory what I preached to you, unless you have believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures (1 Cor 15.1-4).” To preach Paul's gospel simply ask another if they have heard the good news or declare "good news" (gospel) and tell them – “Christ died for our sins, he was buried, and he rose the third day (1 Cor 15.3-4).”

The instant a person believes on Christ after we preach the gospel to them in person with our mouth they are saved (Jn 3.36 & 6.47, Acts 16.31, 1 Cor 1.21 & 4.15 and Eph 6.19-20). Then we can teach them to preach the gospel as well (Mt 28.20). For a definition of 'saved' see SAVED on www.preach-the-gospel.org.

When we preach the gospel to every person in the world the end will come and Christ will return and take us to be with him forever (Mk 16.15, Mt 24.14, 30-31 & 1 Thess 4.13-18). Let’s be doers of the work, instead of hearers only, deceiving ourselves (Jas 1.22-25).

Please visit www.preach-the-gospel.org to learn more about preaching the gospel.

Copyright © 2011 preach-the-gospel.org & Good News Church

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users