Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Master Of Spiritual Development Lesson 1 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Master Of Spiritual Development Lesson 1

#1 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

I will start my small journey by saying the earth is a in a bad spot, not only economically, spiritually but the earth itself,, from the trash which is put into the land sea, and air. We are the earth, but we are choking it at the same time. What then?

I was working in the garden the other day, my neighbor had just been taken to the hospital by the ambulance, turns out it was serious enough to keep him several days just before i started, i thought to my self that live is short. I began by cleaning up the tomato vines which were slightly dried up and placed them into the compost bag, and again i thought to my self that even this life , one tomato plant has even a shorter life, but it provides for animals as well as us humans , shelter for the bunny rabbit which keep eying up my garden . I started the tilling , after the first row, my back was killing me, ( 4 back surgeries, two fusion's, and 3-4 budging disks) but the smell of fresh till dirt kept me going another three rows. I ended up on the ground in massive pain,after it subsided enough, I went back to tilling another two rows which i then collapsed again in pain. Several mosquito bites , and a cricket crawling up my pant leg, and I was up again and tried to till at least one more row, its still only half done but the smell of the fresh garden dirt, toss in some tomato's and what was left of the onion crop, and a couple of lemons from the frig, which have been in there since the beginning of the year, still looks good on the out side , but.. I ended quitting for another day at it.

I guess I see things differently then others, the fresh soil the smell the look the feel. life comes from the earth, feed it, nourish it, watch it grow and it will provide for all of us.I guess the same if for life, for those of you who have children,(i can not have due to cancer) watch them grow up , being born, what an excitement, teaching your child as they grow, I'm sure during all this process it might be a living nightmare, but look at what you have accomplished. Again i say to myself life is to short- feed it, nurture it, watch it grow,

To be honest I am agnostic, i need the proof to show me there is or isn't some one or thing up there. I would like to believe in the afterlife, hope there is, so i can start another garden, and to take a different path the next time around.

my thought of the last few weeks, hope i passed

thank you
THOMAS A JOHNSON
I have been ordained through the Universal Life Church , and I post spiritual articles at ULC and at the Universal Life Church Seminary course listings. I'm also a martial artist and I teach Sacramento Martial Arts. I support the Universal Life Church Article Directory, and have blogs that contain ULC Seminary Essays and Wedding Ceremonies.

#2 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:04 PM

Assignment: A short one page reflection what you are expecting in your pilgrimage.

When I first saw the title of this course, Master of Spiritual Leadership, I thought, “Great! I’ve been looking for a course that will provide training that will allow me to more adeptly counsel my clients.” However, as I read the introduction I was both surprised and pleased to find that this course will help me to better understand myself, first.

I have been a holistic counselor since 1998 and a minister since 2005. I am always learning through teaching, which I find to be the most profound and memorable way of learning anything new.

I know that this is the best way to learn “path straightening’ techniques; by working on the kinks in my own path first. Experience is, after all, the best teacher.

I expect to be taken aback by the things I find under the rocks and behind the bushes on my path, but I look forward to taken them in hand, lovingly, and blessing the lessons gleaned from each for the betterment of this life (after the kicking and screaming and crying, of course!).

Since my husband left in October, I have been struggling silently with the emotions and keeping up my “Life is Grand” façade for the good of my practice, but it’s not always easy. He was diagnosed with colon cancer in March, and I couldn’t do a thing to help him. My greatest Spiritual Gift is healing, and he would not allow me to help.

I enter into this experience with an open mind and heart, knowing full well that the Universe knows what it’s doing, and that this journey is taking place at the exact right time in my life.

May I find the pearls I need to find, so that I may help others to find theirs.

Bonnie MacDade
I have been ordained through the Universal Life Church , and I post spiritual articles at ULC and at the Universal Life Church Seminary course listings. I'm also a martial artist and I teach Sacramento Martial Arts. I support the Universal Life Church Article Directory, and have blogs that contain ULC Seminary Essays and Wedding Ceremonies.

#3 User is offline   ConnieO 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Energy healing, spiritual development, 12-step recovery, alternative healing techniques, movies, books, music, art, crafts, hiking, pets and human rights.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

View PostAmyLong, on 23 September 2010 - 07:39 AM, said:

I will start my small journey by saying the earth is a in a bad spot, not only economically, spiritually but the earth itself,, from the trash which is put into the land sea, and air. We are the earth, but we are choking it at the same time. What then?

I was working in the garden the other day, my neighbor had just been taken to the hospital by the ambulance, turns out it was serious enough to keep him several days just before i started, i thought to my self that live is short. I began by cleaning up the tomato vines which were slightly dried up and placed them into the compost bag, and again i thought to my self that even this life , one tomato plant has even a shorter life, but it provides for animals as well as us humans , shelter for the bunny rabbit which keep eying up my garden . I started the tilling , after the first row, my back was killing me, ( 4 back surgeries, two fusion's, and 3-4 budging disks) but the smell of fresh till dirt kept me going another three rows. I ended up on the ground in massive pain,after it subsided enough, I went back to tilling another two rows which i then collapsed again in pain. Several mosquito bites , and a cricket crawling up my pant leg, and I was up again and tried to till at least one more row, its still only half done but the smell of the fresh garden dirt, toss in some tomato's and what was left of the onion crop, and a couple of lemons from the frig, which have been in there since the beginning of the year, still looks good on the out side , but.. I ended quitting for another day at it.

I guess I see things differently then others, the fresh soil the smell the look the feel. life comes from the earth, feed it, nourish it, watch it grow and it will provide for all of us.I guess the same if for life, for those of you who have children,(i can not have due to cancer) watch them grow up , being born, what an excitement, teaching your child as they grow, I'm sure during all this process it might be a living nightmare, but look at what you have accomplished. Again i say to myself life is to short- feed it, nurture it, watch it grow,

To be honest I am agnostic, i need the proof to show me there is or isn't some one or thing up there. I would like to believe in the afterlife, hope there is, so i can start another garden, and to take a different path the next time around.

my thought of the last few weeks, hope i passed

thank you
THOMAS A JOHNSON

Dear Thomas,

I send you healing in prayer, may your health improve so that you may continue your gardening. I find gardening an apt metaphor or parable to life. We are a seed, then a plant, offering fruits or vegetables to those who seek, then when our time is done we pass on to nourish and leave room for others to follow in our path. The seeds we offer to others may or may not turn to plants and flourish. It is not our job to worry over them, only to nurture and help them thrive. The wind may claim a few or the birds, gophers, other small animals in need, but they offer nourishment to all.

I love gardening. Seed growth is a problem, still have difficulty with getting them going. Too much care, not enough? I do not know, maybe both.

The afterlife as I understand it is designed by our beliefs. You choose the sort of afterlife, to believe in the Divine or not. You get to select what it is you wish to have in your life. Then you share this with others. The lessons are ours to learn from, develop a way of thinking that fills our hearts with love and peace. There is no mandatory have to's or should have's. You choose, you decide. If you wish to remain an agnostic so be it. But I do not think you truly are since you hope for something more to be there. The force of nature is Divine. I marvel at the complexity of life in all forms, there has to be something more beyond comprehension that guides and lives. How else would disease be created and cured?

Thank you for sharing your journey. I am inspired by your will and desire.

Bless you, Thomas.

Connie S Owens/Kirkpatrick
Spiritual Life Coach

#4 User is offline   ConnieO 

• Icon
  • Interests:Energy healing, spiritual development, 12-step recovery, alternative healing techniques, movies, books, music, art, crafts, hiking, pets and human rights.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

View PostAmyLong, on 21 October 2010 - 05:04 PM, said:

Assignment: A short one page reflection what you are expecting in your pilgrimage.

When I first saw the title of this course, Master of Spiritual Leadership, I thought, “Great! I’ve been looking for a course that will provide training that will allow me to more adeptly counsel my clients.” However, as I read the introduction I was both surprised and pleased to find that this course will help me to better understand myself, first.

I have been a holistic counselor since 1998 and a minister since 2005. I am always learning through teaching, which I find to be the most profound and memorable way of learning anything new.

I know that this is the best way to learn “path straightening’ techniques; by working on the kinks in my own path first. Experience is, after all, the best teacher.

I expect to be taken aback by the things I find under the rocks and behind the bushes on my path, but I look forward to taken them in hand, lovingly, and blessing the lessons gleaned from each for the betterment of this life (after the kicking and screaming and crying, of course!).

Since my husband left in October, I have been struggling silently with the emotions and keeping up my “Life is Grand” façade for the good of my practice, but it’s not always easy. He was diagnosed with colon cancer in March, and I couldn’t do a thing to help him. My greatest Spiritual Gift is healing, and he would not allow me to help.

I enter into this experience with an open mind and heart, knowing full well that the Universe knows what it’s doing, and that this journey is taking place at the exact right time in my life.

May I find the pearls I need to find, so that I may help others to find theirs.

Bonnie MacDade

Dearest Bonnie,

First I offer my condolences, so sorry to hear of your loss. But I do understand his rejection of your help. He knew this was his path and had to take it. Sad. I have had a couple of very close friends who have chosen the same path, rejecting my healing assist. I am a Kundalini Reiki master and few have availed themselves of this aspect of my work.

This course is helping me to see my own desires as projections on to others. What I mean is that because it is in my heart to help I tend to be very pushy, rather than inviting. My studies take me in many directions, this course, NLP practitioner, psychology masters, a doctorate study, reading books about my own physical health and well being. Because my guides have continued to remind me that I can be of service to others, giving my full love, without first healing myself.

I feel I was guided to this course so that I could find self-healing and love before I could pass it on. I hope my insights are of help to you.

Bless you, I send healing blessings.

Connie S Owens/Kirkpatrick
Spiritual Life Coach

#5 User is offline   Bro. Brian 

• Icon

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:24 AM

I put in my first garden last year, in an area of my yard that I really thought, would not grow anything.
We do not always realize the lessons GOD has for us.

The fall before I had gone out & gotten bags of leaves that were designated for disposal & tilled them in, with a tiller given me by an friend sometime before. This series of events went on, we harvested alot & shared with neighbors & will do it again this year.

GOD GIVES US THE SEEDS

What I'am getting at,is sometimes we need to follow the path & realize that there are things for us to learn on this journey, we cannot always see it at the time, but when we look back, it comes into view.

GOD WANTS US TO HAVE

We need to learn how to work with it in our lives!

Bro. Brian

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users