Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Dr. Of Christian Studies - Title? - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dr. Of Christian Studies - Title?

#1 User is offline   Michael B. 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:17 AM

I completed the Doctor of Christian Studies, and received my Degree. I will be beginning a new course shortly.

I am wondering if this Degree entitles me to use the title Dr. in front of my name, or some sort of acronym at the end (D.C.S.)? I do know that I cannot represent myself as a medical doctor, I simply want to use the title with the spiritual work I do.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   donnab 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 11 January 2010 - 11:12 AM

You can call yourself whatever you want, just be prepared to justify it with knowledge if asked. Regarding any job interviews, you would be best to refer to it as a certificate in christian studies because in all honesty, one course does not equal a college degree consisting of many courses of study and several years.
Donna

#3 User is offline   Rev. Glenn Kirkland 

• Icon

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

If you feel comfortable with the title of doctor, then by all means use it! My wife and I have adopted it but we do not flaunt it around, either. Our business cards just have "Dr." in front of our name with the appropriate suffex. But that is all. I like to think that those of great knowledge really should not have to use a title. But, that is my thinking.

#4 User is offline   Semachiah 

• Icon

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

Shalom,

In most countries you do not take any courses to earn a Doctorate! In the US you do but in most countries your doctorate is based on a thesis only. Normally you submit a topic in about 5-10 page proposal paper. Then you submit the Doctoral thesis once the proposal has been approved. Then you have to be ready to submit a defense paper to support your thesis if requested. You should also know that in most countries a D.D. is an earned degree. It is also earned in most U.S. Baptist seminaries.

As for the D.C.S. for the Four Gospels course. This could be broken up into 4 courses easily by creating one for each Gospel and possibly even 5 if you include the gospel of Thomas but no reputable seminary will accept it as one, they will just consider it a waste of time.

#5 User is offline   Semachiah 

• Icon

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

View PostSemachiah, on 12 March 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Shalom,

In most countries you do not take any courses to earn a Doctorate! In the US you do but in most countries your doctorate is based on a thesis only. Normally you submit a topic in about 5-10 page proposal paper. Then you submit the Doctoral thesis once the proposal has been approved. Then you have to be ready to submit a defense paper to support your thesis if requested. You should also know that in most countries a D.D. is an earned degree. It is also earned in most U.S. Baptist seminaries.

As for the D.C.S. for the Four Gospels course. This could be broken up into 4 courses easily by creating one for each Gospel and possibly even 5 if you include the gospel of Thomas but no reputable seminary will accept it as one, they will just consider it a waste of time.

Let me qualify the term reputable to mean that as of yet I have not found any seminary or theological body which is either CHRISTian, Catholic or Jewish that will accept it as being a legitimate Gospel. They all seem to qualify it as a fake which was written much later than it claims and thereby not by the author which its name implies that it was written by.

#6 User is offline   ffsadsadas 

• Icon

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:47 AM

Nowadays Online Shopping Store is very poppular.More and more people tend to buy things at home through the Internet.

#7 User is offline   revkhyler 

• Icon
  • Interests:Paranormal, Greco-Roman history, oolong tea, reading humor authors (Patrick McManus, Tom Bodett, Mark Twain, Douglas Adams), herbology, soft rock 70's music.

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

If I recall my old Biblical Archaeology class I took ages ago, I don't recall any of the New Testament being written down in the time of Y'shua (Jesus). The closest one to my recollection would be the book of Mark which was supposedly written around 70 ACE. Please correct me if I am mistaken, just mainly am really interested in recalling when these were written. The Gospel of Thomas should be studied for its sheer beauty and for the mystery and lessons it contains. It is a shame that the Nicene council threw out and declared hypocritical so many wonderful texts that are now lost to time. I would love to know what Y'shua really taught. Someday when we reach the Afterlife if it is the Creator's will then we will know...depending on what one believes anyway. Peace/Namaste/Sholom! Rev. K Hyler DD
Be the change you wish to see in the world...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users