Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Master Of Islamic Studies Final Essay - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Master Of Islamic Studies Final Essay Final Essay

#1 User is offline   myself67 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

Master of Islamic Studies Final Essay
By: Rev. Cynthia Ewing

I was definitely interested in this class when it was offered. It came at the perfect time. I was working with a Muslim male and wanted to understand how to work and communicate with him better. I was raised in a Christian household and taught all of our current belief systems of the time. As in any Christian household we were not taught about any other religion.

When I first started this class I wasn

#2 User is offline   JP 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Post icon  Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:28 AM

Dear Rev. Ewing,

I really enjoyed reading your final review. I know very little about Islam and I was disappointed when the course was withdrawn. I appreciate your insights into what you learned. It is very interesting - thank you

Yours in the Way,
JP

#3 User is offline   psc 

• Icon

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

View PostJP, on Jan 30 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

Dear Rev. Ewing,

I really enjoyed reading your final review. I know very little about Islam and I was disappointed when the course was withdrawn. I appreciate your insights into what you learned. It is very interesting - thank you

Yours in the Way,

#4 User is offline   psc 

• Icon

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

The course was withdrawn because it was published in book form, and copyright restrictions prevented its continued online circulation. The book is entitled Nothing New Under the Sun: An Introduction to Islam, and does not differ significantly from the course escept for minor polishing. The author is Paul Culp, who is now teaching in Arizona. The book is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders, etc.

View Postpsc, on Jan 31 2008, 05:28 PM, said:

View PostJP, on Jan 30 2008, 08:28 AM, said:

Dear Rev. Ewing,

Yours in the Way,

#5 User is offline   Gerald 

• Icon
  • Interests:I'm interested in a lot of stuff. Primarily, and very deeply, Metaphysics and Spirituality. I'm also involved in web writing and copy writing. For a living, I move boxes around with a machine that goes way up in the air.

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:11 AM

Is this course still available?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users