Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson #2 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson #2 Deity

#1 User is offline   JP 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:59 PM

Greetings!

There is an excellent definition of "Chaos" in this lesson. For anyone who has ever read the myths and encountered the term "Chaos", this lessson will clear up any uncertainty relating to this topic. And it has nothing to do with dis-order! The discussion of the triune nature of the Goddess is excellent and the discussion and examples are relevant, diverse, and cross a variety of pantheons
I found the "God" discussions to be most interesting. From the duality of the God, as symbolised by the differents halves of the year, to the triune nature of the God that is found in modern Wicca (which I find to be a bit odd, quite frankly), to the quintile form of the God, an interesting and thought provoking discussion. I had NEVER heard of the quintile form of the God and I thought I had seen it alll - I am learning and I am pleased :)
Here, at week two, while I have seen some of this material before, what I haven't seen is making the course all the more worthwhile! Is there anyone out there that feels the same way? Current students? Former students? Future students? ;)

Yours in the Way,

JP :coffee:
JP

#2 User is offline   Jeanette 

• Icon

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:14 PM

It is only the beginning of the class. It needs time to build up. You always need to start at the basics for those who do not study other religions. Alot of Christians think its satan stuff. That is what they are taught. So basics are important for those who are learning it for the first time.

The way the Gods and Goddesses are described is a bit different. From what I experience and have learned is that Gods and Goddesses are upper and lower realms and depending who it is has different meaning for me. Everyone is different. I like to see others thoughts of how they see things or how they teach.

No matter what you learn you don't master anything. You are always learning. You said it yourself you just learned something that you did not know. Posted Image

If sometimes when it feels you are not learning or getting much out of something at the end you realize what you did get out of it. :)

Can't wait for the next class. Interesting.
Love and Peace,
Jyps

Dreams are the disillusions of the illusions of reality ............ Jeanette

http://healingtheway.com

#3 User is offline   dragonwolf 

• Icon

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:27 PM

I found lesson two very interesting. I really enjoyed the part on the different aspects of the God. You always hear about the triple Goddess but not much oin the aspects of the God. It was refreshing to finally see this subject in a lesson.
Dragonwolf

#4 User is offline   Tamanava 

• Icon

Posted 01 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

Hello again!

Lesson # 2 came at the perfect time for me, as I am preparing my Midsummer ritual. While most of the information was familiar,learning about the Quintile God forms was new for me. These explanations of the many God forms not only clarified things for me, but how to explain them to others. Thank you Rev. Phoenix for another great lesson!
--In all things, Blessed Be!

#5 User is offline   Cassandra 

• Icon
  • Interests:So many! Books, Films, TV, Music, Dance, Art in most forms really, People, Learning, Sewing, Beading, Crafting and Creating things, Singing and Socializing.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Well, indeed it is just the beginning and certainly for those who've never ventured into paganism before it's important to go over the basics. I couldn't agree with that more, of course. However I am a bit saddened that there is still no homework here. I admit there was a brief discussion on a few God forms I had not heard of before, and that is fascinating. Still I had hoped for some assignment, some questions, something to ponder perhaps? Also there were a couple of small either errors or omissions in the lesson. The first being in the list of God form names I found Metatron. The Metatron is not a God form. The Metatron is an angel sometimes referred to as the voice of God, because when God himself (In the Christian Mythos) sends a direct message to someone (Such as Moses and the burning bush), he sends the Metatron (who appeared to Moses as the burning bush) to speak to them. The second was that there was no mention that Demeter is the mother of Persephone who is in fact the very same Goddess as Kore. Kore was her name when she was innocent and lived with her mother on earth. After Hades came and kidnapped her, taking her to the underworld to be his bride, her name changed to Persephone; but she is one and the same being. I am hoping this course will over time, include more in depth information, discussion and exercises. After all we are hoping to be worthy of the title, Master of Paganism.
Sincerely,
Rev. Kenneally

This post has been edited by Cassandra: 23 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

Rev. C.M. Kenneally

#6 User is offline   RevShannon 

• Icon

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

I found this lesson very interesting. I really liked the details on the God. I know a lot about the 3 Goddesses as I hear about the frequently. I didn't know about the various Gods of day. I liked the way that Chaos was described it made my mythology book im reading more understandable. Very insightful. Can't wait till next week!

#7 User is offline   Raincloud 

• Icon
  • Interests:Druidic Witchery

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

A good introduction and lesson on deity. Just remember though people get touchy about the Maid, Mother and Crone characterisation outside of Wicca, as it's not culturally universal. It's good that Chaotic primordial deity is discussed.
Courses Completed:
Master of Paganism
Master of Wiccan Studies
Master of Metaphysical Healing
Master of Metaphysics (Spirit Quest)
Master of Mystical Christianity
Dr. of Christian Studies (The Four Gospels)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users