Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: In 3 Words Or Less - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

In 3 Words Or Less New Published Book!

#1 Guest_Mara_Fonseca_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:29 PM

Dear Friends & Fellow Students:

Upon completion of my course studies in Metaphysics & Miracles last year, I embarked on my new career as a Therapist and Writer. I am happy to announce the publication of my first book entitled: In 3 Words or Less - Simply Stated Aspirations to Live & Thrive By.

I hope that you will join me in my celebration of becoming a first-time published author! Here is an editorial review of In 3 Words or Less:

"In today's hectic world of multi-task living, more and more people are finding less and less time to just sit back and smell the roses. No longer content with living life in the multi-task and fast lane, the author shares with her readers how recalling a childhood memory and receiving a soul-awakening letter changed the way she lived her life forever.

The author takes us through her journey of using life's sweet-and-simple wisdoms to create simply stated aspirations designed to enlighten and transform our hearts, minds, bodies and souls.

Exceptionally simple and inspiring, this book contains 173 aspirations written in 3 words or less. The succinct, wise aspirations stand by themselves as gentle yet potent reminders for us to keep our lives simple and enjoy life's simple, yet profound, pleasures."

In 3 Words or less:

~ offers the simplest path towards self-healing and self-transformation,
~ is a gentle guide for inspirational living ideas,
~ provides the perfect resource for anyone needing easy-to-read and easy-to-do aspirations, and
~ is an essential first-aid book for quick and soothing remedies off the multi-task and fast lane.

"Following simple aspirations, when we practice them regularly, slowly leads us to an experience of inner peace and opens us up to life's most priceless moments."

This is a wonderful book for anyone who needs a little reminder to slow down and enjoy the simple treasures of life.

In 3 Words or Less is now available for order through your local bookstores and the internet in paperback format:

www.amazon.com

www.barnesandnoble.com

Thank you!

Mara Fonseca

#2 User is offline   Rabbi K.Boaz 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Comparative religion, militaria, history, travel

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:02 PM

Congratulations upon being a published author!
It is not an easy thing to accomplish.
Shalom,
Rabbi K. Boaz

#3 Guest_Mara_Fonseca_*

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

Rabbi Boaz:

Thank you for your congratulations and kind words. The most challenging and rewarding aspect of writing a book was learning how to communicate the most profound teachings and wisdom of the ages in as few words as possible. I hope that others will be able to use my book as their journal, artist's palette, and everyday guide for inspirational living ideas. Keeping it simple is my message. Keeping life simple is an everyday quest.

Shalom,
Mara

#4 Guest_dirtydog_*

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

Congrats, I'm very happy for you.

Is "I Love You" in there? I'll keep my eyes out for your book.

How did you go about becoming published?
I have many of poems, and have now and then thought about publishing them.
But I just don't know the steps to follow. Any info would be great.

Thank You
Dean

This post has been edited by dirtydog: 16 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

#5 User is offline   donnab 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:15 AM

congratulations! It is always nice to hear someone taking their dream and following it through to completion
Donna

#6 Guest_Mara_Fonseca_*

Posted 18 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

donnab, on Oct 17 2005, 06:15 AM, said:

congratulations! It is always nice to hear someone taking their dream and following it through to completion
Donna

Dear Donna:

Thank you for your congratulations and recognizing a "dream come true." Yes, you couldn't be more right!

Mara :wub:

#7 Guest_Mara_Fonseca_*

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

dirtydog, on Oct 16 2005, 01:50 PM, said:

Congrats, I'm very happy for you.

Is "I Love You" in there? I'll keep my eyes out for your book.

How did you go about becoming published?
I have many of poems, and have now and then thought about publishing them.
But I just don't know the steps to follow. Any info would be great.

Thank You
Dean

Dear Dean:

Thank you for your congratulations and happiness for me. "I Love You" underlines the reason for writing and giving back to the world for all that I have received in the name of love.

Being a poet, I truly believe you would enjoy reading my book, for it was written by a simple soul with a poet's heart. You can order it through any bookstore, or by going on-line and purchasing it through either amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com and thank you for your support.

How exciting that you want to publish your poetry! There are many publishing companies whereby you can self-publish and self-market at a fraction of the cost. Many of these publishing companies offer various packages you can choose from; and they will assist you with page layout, cover design, editing, marketing plan, publicity plan, book reviews, and media announcements. How much you pay depends on how much you want the publishing company to market versus doing it yourself.

On the internet, type "How to Self-Publish" in a search engine, and you will be amazed at how many reputable and successful self-publishing agencies there are. Also, many authors have started in the self-publishing industry, were 'found' by other publishing houses, and launched a successful writing career.

I wish you the best of luck in fulfilling your dream, and I hope that my humble attempt at answering your question helps.

Mara

#8 Guest_dirtydog_*

Post icon  Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

Dear Mara;

Thank you for the advice. I do appreciate it. I'm definitely going to pull up my socks and investigate self publishing further.

Dean

#9 Guest_Bluecat_*

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:12 PM

Congratulations Mara!!!

(Less than 3 words but it says exactly what it should!)

#10 Guest_Mara_Fonseca_*

Post icon  Posted 14 November 2005 - 02:59 PM

View PostBluecat, on Nov 11 2005, 01:12 PM, said:

Congratulations Mara!!!

(Less than 3 words but it says exactly what it should!)

Thank you so much for your congratulations and for understanding that we don't need to say much to say exactly what we should!

Many blessings to you,
Mara
:)

#11 Guest_Rev. Mommy_*

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:41 PM

Congratulations and best wishes Mara. (More than 3 words I'm afraid.)
How wonderful that you've realized a dream. :thmup: :thmup: Two thumbs way up!

#12 Guest_Mara_Fonseca_*

Post icon  Posted 15 November 2005 - 11:52 AM

View PostRev. Mommy, on Nov 14 2005, 04:41 PM, said:

Congratulations and best wishes Mara. (More than 3 words I'm afraid.)
How wonderful that you've realized a dream. :thmup: :thmup: Two thumbs way up!

Dear Rev. Mommy:

Thank you for your congratulations and two thumbs up! :dance::dance:

It means so much to have the support of others as I am realizing my dream of a lifetime.

In deep appreciation,
Mara

#13 Guest_Mara_Fonseca_*

Post icon  Posted 15 November 2005 - 12:05 PM

View PostMara_Fonseca, on Oct 7 2005, 09:29 AM, said:

Dear Friends & Fellow Students:

Upon completion of my course studies in Metaphysics & Miracles last year, I embarked on my new career as a Therapist and Writer. I am happy to announce the publication of my first book entitled: In 3 Words or Less - Simply Stated Aspirations to Live & Thrive By.

I hope that you will join me in my celebration of becoming a first-time published author! Here is an editorial review of In 3 Words or Less:

"In today's hectic world of multi-task living, more and more people are finding less and less time to just sit back and smell the roses. No longer content with living life in the multi-task and fast lane, the author shares with her readers how recalling a childhood memory and receiving a soul-awakening letter changed the way she lived her life forever.

The author takes us through her journey of using life's sweet-and-simple wisdoms to create simply stated aspirations designed to enlighten and transform our hearts, minds, bodies and souls.

Exceptionally simple and inspiring, this book contains 173 aspirations written in 3 words or less. The succinct, wise aspirations stand by themselves as gentle yet potent reminders for us to keep our lives simple and enjoy life's simple, yet profound, pleasures."

In 3 Words or less:

~ offers the simplest path towards self-healing and self-transformation,
~ is a gentle guide for inspirational living ideas,
~ provides the perfect resource for anyone needing easy-to-read and easy-to-do aspirations, and
~ is an essential first-aid book for quick and soothing remedies off the multi-task and fast lane.

"Following simple aspirations, when we practice them regularly, slowly leads us to an experience of inner peace and opens us up to life's most priceless moments."

This is a wonderful book for anyone who needs a little reminder to slow down and enjoy the simple treasures of life.

In 3 Words or Less is now available for order through your local bookstores and the internet in paperback format:

www.amazon.com

www.barnesandnoble.com

Thank you!

Mara Fonseca

Dear Friends & Fellow Students of Life:

First, I want to say thank you to so many of you who have either purchased/will be purchasing my book, and/or have offered congratulatory notes. You have no idea how much this means to me; and how touched I am that my book is touching the hearts and souls of many.

Second, I want to update everyone by saying that many have told me how useful my book has been to them in their personal lives and ministry. Many have been using my book in the following ways:

~ Discussion guide for prayer circles, meditation groups and retreat topics;
~ Journal for writing down impressions, illuminations, and actions on the affirmations;
~ Artist Sketch Pad for those who love to visualize their impressions; and as
~ Meditation Mantras played with soothing music.

I'm simply amazed by how everyone is making my book "their very own" and incorporating the simply stated affirmations in ways that speak to them. It is making a difference in so many people's lives.

With heartfelt sentiments, I say thank you and God Bless everyone!

Mara Fonseca

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users