Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Comparative Religion - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Comparative Religion Lesson 8

#1 User is offline   J. Carpenter 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

In lesson 8 the topic covered organizations founded on and perpetuating the Esoteric Tradition. The two organizations that were reviewed were Rosicrucian and Freemasonry.

The symbolism and shapes in the lesson were interesting to learn about and what the meaning was behind several of the various symbols. I visited several of the recommended sites listed in the lesson and learned more about each of the organizations.

The Freemasonry or the Mason’s was particularly interesting to me as I believe my father had been a Mason at one time. He had never mentioned it while I was growing up, but after he had dementia take over his mind and he was in a secured assisted living facility I had found a Mason’s pin among his belongings at home when we were going through his things. He had been married before and with his second marriage he had been married for about 8 years before I was born so I believe sometime before the late 1950’s would have been when he was involved with the Masons. I had always seen the Mason’s building downtown and had wondered about it as it was a fairly impressive structure.

The review of Rosicrucian showed that it was of a mystic nature and involved the metaphysical side which was interesting to learn about.

Overall an interesting lesson about the organizations and symbolism.
Rev. John Carpenter, D.D.(h.c.)
Ordained minister of the Universal Life Church

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic