Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Degree Id Cards - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Degree Id Cards

#1 Guest_Rev Greg_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:33 PM

I was thinking about taking two courses and was wondering about the degree ID card option. Has anyone found the degree ID cards to be useful? If so, what occassion were they useful?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   Josh 

• Vice President, Murphzlaw1 Inc.
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:If you have any questions, just ask me. I am pretty open.

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:25 AM

i wouldnt see why you would need or use one, but it might be nice to have.
It can't rain all the time"--the crow
"In this world their can be no black or white, merely shades of gray"--me
"visit group site and my personal site"

Posted Image

#3 Guest_Rev Greg_*

Post icon  Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:33 PM

View PostJDCUSAF, on Mar 24 2006, 01:25 AM, said:

i wouldnt see why you would need or use one, but it might be nice to have.

True it would be nice. I guess I should consider it more of a personal reminder of one's accomplishments instead of an ID.

This post has been edited by Rev Greg: 24 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

#4 User is offline   Josh 

• Vice President, Murphzlaw1 Inc.
  • Icon
  • Interests:If you have any questions, just ask me. I am pretty open.

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:29 PM

I kinda think of it like the wallet HS diploma that jostens sells. not good for anything but a nice keepsake.
It can't rain all the time"--the crow
"In this world their can be no black or white, merely shades of gray"--me
"visit group site and my personal site"

Posted Image

#5 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:56 PM

actually,my ministers wallet card works better for me than a degree card would.when i misplaced my drivers license,the state of michigan accepted it as id to replace it.

#6 Guest_Reverend Denbow_*

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:37 AM

They actually accepted it as ID? With no picture, or SSN or anything? That's amazing.

#7 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 April 2006 - 01:51 PM

neither does my birth certificate,but with those two items,i was able to replace my drivers license.i also knew my drivers license #,so it didn't hurt.

#8 User is offline   Rich G. 

• Practicing Zen Buddhist / Promoter of Peace, Love, and Harmony
  • Icon

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

Here's an idea... why not put the degree ID cards into one of those clear business card holder pages that go into a 3 ring binder?

That way you can put them into your portfolio binder instead of the actual degrees and save room while still showing your educational accomplishments and adding to your congregation/client's comfort level.

It would help increase the "legitimacy" of the ULC ordination too, if you ran into those kinds of issues.

- Rich

#9 User is offline   Elijah 

• Renaissance Man
  • Icon
  • Interests:Buddhism, Mysticism, Judaism, Religion, Philosophy and anything that brings me closer to the truth of reality.

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:48 PM

I still have to fancy what a degree card might be useful for,and why is it nice to keep one. Diversity of thinking and taste is what makes the world, I imagine.

Peace,

Elijah
When Tao prevails in the world, show yourself
When it does not, then hide.

#10 User is offline   Rabbi K.Boaz 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Interests:Comparative religion, militaria, history, travel

Posted 24 September 2006 - 08:26 AM

Personally, I carry a ULC card with my title (granted by ULC) and name. All full-sized diplomas and certificates are preserved in a file box.

I do like the idea of a notebook. Putting certificates in document protectors and putting them in a notebook might be a good way to organize. For those that are too large, a "shrunken," full-color copy might work.
Although it probably won't be too soon, I will let you know what happens.
Shalom,
Rabbi K. Boaz

#11 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin

Posted 21 October 2006 - 05:02 PM

View PostRich G., on Apr 30 2006, 09:09 AM, said:

Here's an idea... why not put the degree ID cards into one of those clear business card holder pages that go into a 3 ring binder?

That way you can put them into your portfolio binder instead of the actual degrees and save room while still showing your educational accomplishments and adding to your congregation/client's comfort level.

It would help increase the "legitimacy" of the ULC ordination too, if you ran into those kinds of issues.

- Rich

That's a good idea. I know that some people carry it because they talk to their friends about classes they've taken and such and their friends don't believe them, so they whip out their card.

I've never had anyone NOT believe me, but other people have written to me because they had. I put in the new 'marriage certificate' wallet cards because apparently, people ask couples if they are married and they don't believe them sometimes. So now they can whip out their card. I think it's kinda funny. Why wouldn't someone believe you were married if you said you were?

--Amy
I have been ordained through the Universal Life Church , and I post spiritual articles at ULC and at the Universal Life Church Seminary course listings. I'm also a martial artist and I teach Sacramento Martial Arts. I support the Universal Life Church Article Directory, and have blogs that contain ULC Seminary Essays and Wedding Ceremonies.

#12 Guest_loststar_moonstar_*

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:08 AM

I like that idea Amy,I wish I had one,everytime I turn around I have to dig out my marriage license and birth certificate.My husband has a card Birth certificate that he carries

#13 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

View Postloststar_moonstar, on Oct 24 2006, 11:08 AM, said:

I like that idea Amy,I wish I had one,everytime I turn around I have to dig out my marriage license and birth certificate.My husband has a card Birth certificate that he carries

http://ulcseminary.o...images/list.gif
Insert List

He needs to show people his birth certificate? Do they think he's an alien? Hatched maybe? lol.

--Amy
I have been ordained through the Universal Life Church , and I post spiritual articles at ULC and at the Universal Life Church Seminary course listings. I'm also a martial artist and I teach Sacramento Martial Arts. I support the Universal Life Church Article Directory, and have blogs that contain ULC Seminary Essays and Wedding Ceremonies.

#14 User is offline   Chaplian 

• Icon
  • Interests:Nature/Wildlife<br />Great video games

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:06 PM

I think they are wonderful. When I have completed my first discourse, I intend upon receiving my first card. I have my cert. upon my wall to inspire me daily. The wallet cards are another method of continual inspiration.

#15 User is offline   rosemei 

• Icon

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:38 AM

If you feel comfortable with the title of doctor, then by all means use it! My wife and I have adopted it but we do not flaunt it around, either. Our business cards just have "Dr." in front of our name with the appropriate suffex. But that is all. I like to think that those of great knowledge really should not have to use a title. But, that is my thinking. timberland pas cher chine timberland pas cher chaussures snapback obey pas cher

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic