Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lession 5 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lession 5

#1 User is offline   Arthur Strafuss 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Educational Chaplain
    Hand on Healing
    Veterans Chaplain
    Homeless Chaplain
    Photography
    Instructional design

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

The second 3 was my lession 4. This is Lesson 5
In being part of God goes along with an idea I had been given in Japan of looking at someone and asking to myself, Buddha? This is that everyone at any time cam become a Buddha.

In my Christian days of working into ministry, I looked at a as many people at a time blessing one at a time. I bless them. I was not giving a blessing but trying to see the God in them. Harder to work on being a Saint or seeing Saint, but I am still trying.

I am starting with this week’s assignment or should I say two-week assignment is to take a deeper look at myself through Self-Enquiry asking, “Who am I, What am I”. I am using this technique in my meditations in that I ask myself “Who am I, what am I and where am I going”.

Most of the time I was happy with the answers I got, but that wasn’t the truth all the time. I do have a dark side which I do not like to look at very much.

Who am I?

A college professor. Hard to work out of two colleges, therefore I feel as if I am not doing a good job, when I am.

A Street Minister working with the homeless. I feel bad that I can’t give the time I could last year. So much work to do and so little time to give to it.

A photographer . I am more of an artist then a pro. Again, feel bad that I don’t have the time to devote to it better. Work events to get my name out there, but it does not fill needs to express myself.

Husband Trying to be a good man for my wife But I fall short sometimes

Father Try to be a good one but I wasn’t there a lot for my children

Grandfather Being a better one then I was a father

A Bother Still working on it.

What am I?

1. Recovered from Depression, Alcohol, and PTSD. And became stronger but I had to go through a lot of pain, to get here. Mostly I take pride in them, getting through and facing myself as I am.

2. Building a new relationship with my wife. Military training was easier.

3. Holding to a high standard this is very hard in that it is easy to give in to an easy way. This is the standard in which I did this exercise. Had to work it through.

4. I do feel insecure a lot of the time. Working on it, and have made progress but again it is easier to just give in to my feeling and not do anything.

I do this mediation at les once a week.

Blessing until next time.

Arthur Strafuss

#2 User is offline   Patrick Bateman 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:54 PM

Mister Strafuss

It inspires me to read your honesty, to empathise with your struggles and your reaching for the light. Your devotion to become a better man.

Thank you

(Please forgive me if I've made spelling or grammar mistakes. Like perhaps you are yourself (considering your name), I am not a native native speaker )

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic