Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: New And Have A Few Questions - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New And Have A Few Questions

#1 User is offline   earthsongs 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Spirituality and Music

Posted 06 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

Greetings,

I am new to this site of ULC Seminary, and I must say it looks like a huge, and wonderfully full of information. And look forward to
diving into much of it. My first question concerns ULC and this site.

Does ULC of Modesto Calif reconize this site as a extension of them? and are all credits or courses enter changable between
the two sites?

I looking to improve my studies of Spirituality and helping others in their quest of seeking. What course are reccomended for
such and what degress should I seek to acreited myself in the world as such.

I am looking forward to the responses and appreciate your time in my request.

Many Blessings

Arthur
Along with being a ordianed minister of ULC I am a musician of the Native American Flute.
My offical website is http://www.earth-song.com

#2 User is offline   rev_wayne 

• Icon

Posted 07 December 2008 - 02:06 AM

View Postearthsongs, on Dec 6 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

Greetings,

I am new to this site of ULC Seminary, and I must say it looks like a huge, and wonderfully full of information. And look forward to

Does ULC of Modesto Calif reconize this site as a extension of them? and are all credits or courses enter changable between
the two sites?

I looking to improve my studies of Spirituality and helping others in their quest of seeking. What course are reccomended for

Many Blessings

Arthur

Grace and peace, Arthur!

I too am new to this forum (but not new to the ULC) and look forward to sharing with our members. In answer to your question about the connection between ULC, Modesto and ULC Monastery - as of August 1, 2006, no connection exists!

The ULC Seminary is a third party in the ULC. Founded by Rev. Amy Long, the ULC Seminary strives to provide ministerial training materials relevant to our membership. I applaud Rev. Long in her establishing this resource for us. You can read more about this topic Here.

Please see: Here for the "official" Seminary Notice and Here for Wikipedia's ULC entry.

Since you are looking to add to your studies in Spirituality, I would recommend The Master of Spirituality - Defining Spirituality Course. The MASTER OF METAPHYSICS - SPIRIT-QUEST Course also may be something you would find helpful.

I would also recommend a Doctor of Divinity or Doctor of Ministry degree to you. Each of these would add credibility to your ministerial work.

I pray something written above proves helpful to you as you grow in Spirit and Truth.

in blessing, bless
+Wayne
God is all, both invisible and visible. One Presence, One Mind, One Power is all. This One that is all is Perfect Life, Perfect Love, and Perfect Substance. Man is the individualized expression of God and is ever one with this Perfect Life, Perfect Love, and Perfect Substance.

http://northmarch.blogspot.com/

#3 User is offline   earthsongs 

• Icon

Posted 07 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

View Postrev_wayne, on Dec 6 2008, 11:06 PM, said:

View Postearthsongs, on Dec 6 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

Greetings,

the two sites?

Many Blessings

Arthur

Grace and peace, Arthur!

I too am new to this forum (but not new to the ULC) and look forward to sharing with our members. In answer to your question about the connection between ULC, Modesto and ULC Monastery - as of August 1, 2006, no connection exists!

The ULC Seminary is a third party in the ULC. Founded by Rev. Amy Long, the ULC Seminary strives to provide ministerial training materials relevant to our membership. I applaud Rev. Long in her establishing this resource for us. You can read more about this topic Here.

Please see: Here for the "official" Seminary Notice and Here for Wikipedia's ULC entry.

Since you are looking to add to your studies in Spirituality, I would recommend The Master of Spirituality - Defining Spirituality Course. The MASTER OF METAPHYSICS - SPIRIT-QUEST Course also may be something you would find helpful.

I would also recommend a Doctor of Divinity or Doctor of Ministry degree to you. Each of these would add credibility to your ministerial work.

I pray something written above proves helpful to you as you grow in Spirit and Truth.

in blessing, bless
+Wayne

Thank You Wayne,

Helpful in deed. From what I can tell the courses are different here that what is offered at the ULC headquaters. Maybe I will do them both not sure on that. But I did sign up here for the Spirit Quest study and am looking forward to getting started with it. Yes its truly nice that Amy Long has put this all together for everyone here. I am hoping in time I can take a lot more studies here looks like a bunch of good material to take in. Thanks again.

Arthur
Along with being a ordianed minister of ULC I am a musician of the Native American Flute.

#4 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

just to clear something up,the courses offered here are not interchangable with the ones from hq.

i have a degree from hq,and one from here.while both sites offer degrees with the same name,they have different course content,and as such,serve different purposes.depending on what your looking for(church history vs a more indepth study on a subject),either can serve you well.just make sure to read the course content before signing up.

#5 User is offline   earthsongs 

• Icon

Posted 07 December 2008 - 11:27 AM

View Postrev mark, on Dec 7 2008, 08:09 AM, said:

just to clear something up,the courses offered here are not interchangable with the ones from hq.

i have a degree from hq,and one from here.while both sites offer degrees with the same name,they have different course content,and as such,serve different purposes.depending on what your looking for(church history vs a more indepth study on a subject),either can serve you well.just make sure to read the course content before signing up.

Thank You Rev. Mark,

Yep I do see the difference in the courses at both sites and understand they are not same in material and content. From what I can tell thus far both are quality. I am interested
several areas of study so I may be using both as you mention. Thanks again for your input and I appericate it much so.

Many Blessings
Toksa
Arthur

#6 User is offline   Josh 

• Vice President, Murphzlaw1 Inc.
  • Icon
  • Interests:If you have any questions, just ask me. I am pretty open.

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:27 PM

HQ courses do not count for credit here at the seminary for 1 major reason, the material covered in the HQ course is not written to the same standard the material here is.
It can't rain all the time"--the crow
"In this world their can be no black or white, merely shades of gray"--me
"visit group site and my personal site"

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:47 AM

true josh.however,the courses from hq are based on kirbys teachings concerning the church.the ones here are written with a more indepth study of a subject in mind.

i don't think even kirby would object. :thumbsup:

#8 User is offline   earthsongs 

• Icon

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:01 AM

Well I have recieved the first lesson of the course material for Spirit Quest. I found it to be very good and am looking forward to more of the lessons now. As for the differences in courses there seems to be much more offered here. But I also see that the HQ classes offer some in depth teachings of the ULC chruch and how it has gotten to where it is today. I look forward to taking some of this material also. Even thou they really do not apply to the degrees here. Be good to have both I think for my own knowledge. Thanks Josh and Rev Mark.

Arthur

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic