Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Points To Ponder Lesson 15 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Points To Ponder Lesson 15

#1 User is offline   drlmorris 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

Please enter your answers to the questions given in this lesson here.
Instructor: Master of the Historical Jesus
Founder: The Historical Jesus Project

#2 User is offline   rev c watson 

• Icon
  • Interests:Family, ministry, learning, riding my Harley, fishing

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

Behold, a sower went forth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them: But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixty fold, some thirty fold. (Matthew 13.3)

It's all in the reception of Gods word. Gods word being the seed, and the four different grounds being different outlooks. The ones who haven't received the word, the hardened will not be fertile enough to accept the word, the greedy will be choked out by lust of money and things, and the ones who hear and understand will follow. I believe this parable touches every man in his lifetime at some point or another, dealing with mans duality. Sooner or later man will experience enough pain of his own actions, that he will be more apt to listen to the word as well as follow it! (The growing process)

#3 User is offline   jdania 

• Icon

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:04 AM

Historical Jesus - Rev. Lisa A. Morris
POINTS TO PONDER: LESSON FIFTEEN
For this lesson, I only want you to do one thing for me. I would like for you to take on of Jesus’ parables and translate it into what you think he really meant. In other words, find the “kingdom” message in the parable. Key points would be “faith”, “compassion,” and “truth.” Show how these key points are portrayed by Jesus in his earthly teaching of the parable.

Matthew 18:12-14 — Lost Sheep
“What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them12 wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about 13 that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same 14 way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

You need not worry about the ones that did not wonder off, for they have the fortitude to continue within the faith and on the way to the true path. They already know the way. The one we must pay more attention to are the ones that wonder off, because those are the ones not totally committed and do not know the way yet. They still lack knowledge and their faith is still weak. They need and require more attention from us than the ones that stayed within the group. We can rejoice when finding the lost sheep for we can guide them back by providing them with the information and support they need in order to build on their knowledge and strengthen their faith. We must strive to keep all our faithful on the path to righteousness and not allow or be content when even one goes astray.

jdania

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic