Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Wiccan Lesson 4 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wiccan Lesson 4 Symbology

#1 User is offline   Leah Coleman-Bellucci 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:" I Believe In Everything & Nothing"

Post icon  Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Attached File  IMG_2701.JPG (147.11K)
Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  IMG_2701.JPG (147.11K)
Attached File  IMG_2702.JPG (170.8K)

I've attached 3 pics of my altar with its tools I use upon it.
I learned much of my spiritual ways from a dear friend that was an older and wise person to me. She was Cherokee Indian. She taught me many things such as having an Altar and things-items that may be used upon it. It was taught to me that these items and ritualistic meditations help add focus to the power of intention for whether your Invoking or Evoking from/with the powers that Be.

A little description of my alter is as follows:

My altar is positioned in the N/W corner of my personal office. My husband made the main base of it from an old/given-to-us table top made of Granite (he cut it to be triangular), the base holding the granite pieces are made from Iron with inscribed Ruin symbols on it, for my own personal use & meanings.

The lower base table has a mirror to the left on the wall for reflection of energy towards the altar(additionally, it is the Sun/Moon combination to bring about healing and secrets/unknown to the surface knowledge to bring it forth to the known). The candles placed on it now are for bringing about Health, Wealth, Love, & Protection. Underneath the some of the candles is parchment paper, written on it with pencil(part of earth element) the desired Invocation/Evocation (the edges of the paper burned to seal in the words written without burning into the words). Also, I place Tarot cards relating to desired outcome in a certain order. I have a ritual knife placed to the left front of the altar(South/West); a small glass holding earth(represents earth-West) in it to the left of the altar; a bell to ring in the Angels/Spirits; a feather towards the middle back-(represents air-North);towards the right-Amethyst crystal/w Rose Quartz Sphere on it-protection, negative energy clearing and love(represents Elements/Minerals/East); towards the right front another ritual knife(represents South/East);towards the very back-hidden a little-a purple alien(I believe in and it has a personal meaning to me); there's an abalone shell with sage in it for cleansing/purification;and a bottle of liquid sage is also on the left(South/West corner)-used for clearing energy without necessarily burning sage every-time; there are smaller different types of crystals in different areas on the altar for additional energy enhancement for the desired outcome.

The upper table portion of my altar has a Chakra Bridge towards the front center--for balancing the energies---alignment---balancing the Chakras(South direction); There's smoky Quartz crystals on the left(West)corner and Right(East) corner for energy enhancement(some aliens like Smoky Quartz); there's two Energy Wands on the center front of the altar for using to invoke/evoke energies; going towards the right back there's a statue of Quan Yin for the female energies/healing/guidance; back behind the Chakra bridge is Quartz and Amethyst cluster crystals for amplifying energies and protection/neutralizing negativity; the center rear has a Butterfly & Feathers for Rebirth/Air Element; to the left of that is my Chalice with Water in it for the Water Element; to the left of that is a candle-stick holder shaped with the crescent moon(one of my favorite moons)for bringing about Truth-the blue candle is Peace and Harmony, the orange candle is for Psychic/Intuitive Energy.

The Wolf picture on the Right upper wall is a Charcoal picture my daughter drew for me because I love Wolves and the Wolf spirit. They are representative to me, as strong pack leaders, they usually are faithful to staying with the same mate for life(unless something happens to them)& strong family bonds.

There is a lot of time, energy, & thought I have put into my altar. It has very special, personal meaning to me. Everything on it and put into it has a reason and meaning. It reflects a part of me in a way that is very diverse, detailed orientated, & intensity to my ritualism of invocation/evocation.

So It Shall Be...So It Is

Rev. Leah :wub:

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

I don't really have an alter yet, but thinking about the symbolism and arraignment was interesting. I would think the direction your alter faces would affect the forces your trying to invoke. It seems like most religious philosophy have you face east toward the rising sun. I had never thought about facing another direction.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic