Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Gospel Of Thomas - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gospel Of Thomas Lesson 7

#1 User is offline   Morninglight 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Studying to show my self approved of the Father Spirit.

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Since I cant find Gospel of Thomas on the mail forum page, Iam posting here!

Lesson 7
Saying 29 – Our physical body is such a poor vessel for the Great Spirit that dwells within us. It is so fragile, susceptible to damage and yet we have all the Healing Power of the universe within us, how great thou art!

Saying 30 – How joyful this saying is, and how interesting when translated in the Gospels in the Bible, it came out “when 2 or 3 are gathers together, there I am in their mist”. Whether we use the word gods indicating our spirit self or the word is left out all together the meaning is the same. He the Lord is there with us.

Saying 31-This is so true those who know us from child hood often just nod and smile when you tell them of the wonderful Spiritual Truths we have discovered or the new path we have taken, this probably explains why the Profits of old had such a hard time convincing people of the things that going to take place.

Saying 32-Translated in the Gospels reads, No one after lighting a lamp puts it in a cellar or crypt or under a bushel measure, but on a lampstand, that those who are coming in may see the light. Luke 11:32-34 Understanding the times when the books were compiled into the current Bible no wonder they left out about a city being well defended, they did not want the common people to even think about anything that might take rule away from the people in power, but the not hiding your light seemed harmless. This generation knows not to hid the light but keep it burning and where everyone can see it!

I am not sure who numbers the saying of Thomas but 33 is a repeat of 32 and should have been together. Jesus often would repeat what he was teaching as I am sure he could tell by the look on the face of those he was teaching that some were just not getting it.

I Love 34, how simple and true, this give great call to studying for your self, seeking from the Father what is the truth and not to follow man!

Rev. Joy Maestas D.D.
Rev. Joy

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic