Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Assignment 17 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assignment 17 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mabutler 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Regarding the Israel stele, I believe the destruction of ancient documents leaves any culture a choice to either try their best to recount events/facts to benefit future generations or tell another story that would embellish that which that generation wished was true. As human nature does not change in the light of defeat and embarrassment and that the ancient Egyptian culture was one of story-telling that boasted of its victorious kings and many conquests, I am left to assume that those that wrote the Israel stele did so in such a manner as to "save face" in hopes that its legacy of glory would surpass many generations. The real question is if all your past historical documents were destroyed you had a chance to retell your history how would you go about doing so?

#2 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

I believe every nations tells their story to put them in the best light. everything is a rewriting of history, whether you are omitting embarrassing events or exaggerate the positive events it is all a rewriting. We can speculate all we want on what the world would be like if the library of Alexandra was not destroyed, but unfortunately it is all speculation.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic