Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lessons 5-8 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lessons 5-8 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Melissa 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:42 PM

Gnosticism is complicated. Lessons 5-8 discuss different types of ancient Gnosticism and their various rituals. Some of these rituals share the names of common Christian rituals, like Baptism, and resemble Christian practices in some ways , and others are quite different. Modern Christianity includes many denominations with different dogmas, and this seems to be true of ancient Gnosticism as well.

#2 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:34 PM

Lesson 5 forced to see Gnosticism in ways I had not thought. I was surprised with the idea that Darwinism is a form of Gnostic thinking. Not only that but that fascism and communism would be two side of the same Gnostic thought. It made me realize that capitalism and American government is also Gnostic, in that they were both heavily influenced by Masonic ideals.

#3 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon

Posted 25 February 2017 - 12:52 PM

Lesson 6 talked about baptism and the 5 seals. To tell the truth, I'm not sure how much I understood. A lot of it was very fauge on what exactly the terms were referring too, like what is the baptism of the bridal chamber. I can imagine, but I'm not sure if I'm right.

#4 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Again I am really surprised at how much Gnosticism is in Mormon mysticism. I believe Mormonism really is a gnostic religion.

#5 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:41 PM

lesson 8 reminded me a lot of eastern thought. I liked how to move from the recount level to the third one has to become the unmoved mover. Also, to comprehend to invisible G-d one have to not-comprehend, you must not know the unknowable. Very Zen like.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic