Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Wiccan Lesson 11 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wiccan Lesson 11 Holidays Part 2

#1 User is offline   Leah Coleman-Bellucci 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:" I Believe In Everything & Nothing"

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

In this lesson, Part 2 of Pagan Holidays the Spring Equinox-OSTARA is one I like to celebrate like the Winter Solstice I mentioned in the prior lesson, by doing a gathering with others that wish to come and have them bring a dish of food....like fruit, cheese, breads, veggies, etc. along with wines. We do candle burning representative of of the 4 directions North, South, East, & West along with a "fire burning", were we write on parchment with pencil what we wish/or want to give birth for on the paper and burn the edges, fold 3 times, put in a baggy with purified/blessed water and place in the freezer to freeze the intent.

The May Day- BELTANE holiday was neat to read about because when I was younger in grade school age, when I lived in Pennsylvania, we did a May Day festivity in school in a way that they had a May Day pole and us kids would grab a ribbon and we would go around in a circle..... some in one direction the rest in the opposite to make the weaved ribbon when finished. It was pretty neat to do. Funny thing is that it was never portrayed as Pagan belief....it was just looked at as a May Day celebration...Lol. Funny how that was.

Summer Solstice--LITHA---which is just days away approaching us......is a healing time for me....I like to lay out under the Sun on this day to absorb the Sun's healing energy and take it all in. This is when I'm a Sun Goddess...Lol.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic