Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson #1 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson #1 History of Paganism

#1 User is offline   JP 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:00 AM

Greetings!

An interesting beginning on what promises to be a great course. That Lord Starhawk studied under Sybil Leek is quite impressive - I think she was a powerhouse in the movement. I believe that this is an important lesson, especially if anyone is interested in some comparitive religious information regarding the indigienous religions of Europe. There is often the (mis)conception that the religions of modern-day Europe are all just branches from one school of thought. This, of course, is not true. Lord Starhawk's story of the emergence of a new religious order in Europe and how it displaced the indigenous religions is vital and frightening at the same time. Yet, it serves a purpose, as he says "We need to remember all of this so that we do not repeat the mistakes of the past". This couldn't be more true
To the reductionists and revisionists who says that all religious history leads to one unquestionable end, I say :no!:. Lesson 1 shows how some of that idealogy came into place

Yous in the Way,

JP :coffee:
JP

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic