Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Master Of Spirituality Lesson 2-3 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Master Of Spirituality Lesson 2-3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Oregon Raindrop 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:spirituality, jewelry making, helping others, comedy movies, cats, reading, and traveling

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:25 AM

Lesson 2 and 3
When a scientifically minded person seeks you out.

Finding common ground between the Logically (scientifically) Minded and a Zen Buddhist.

1) Neither of us believe in a human like deity with human emotions.
2) Both of us believe that energy exists. I refer to it as Great Spirit, The Force (from Star Wars), or Nirvana.
3) My own religious leader is quoted as saying “Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” ~Buddha. I interpret that as both scientifically minded and spiritually minded. If it wasn't actually said by Buddha, it is in the same theme as the rest of his teachings about mindfulness.

In ministering to a 'logically minded' person I would sit back, ask questions, and listen. Questions like, if everything is made of energy vibrating at different rates and nothing is solid, why can I walk on grains of sand on the beach and not sink up to my waist?
Why are empty spaces (like the distance between the earth and the moon) referred to as being alive with negative point energy? Do plants emit a life force?
Lead up to finding spirituality and meaning in their lives by talking about what everything is made of. In the logical world everything is made out of energy, in my world everything is made out of Great Spirit and is all an illusion.

Rev. Neciah Morrison
To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour.
William Blake

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic