Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson 10 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson 10 Holding the Vision Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rev. Harriett Kirkland 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

Holding the Vision
“If you’re Happy and You Know It………………….” Well, most of my life I wasn’t happy about what the plan of my life was because everyone else was planning it. So throughout my life I did what other people told me I should be doing, how I should be living, who I should be with. And along with that I wondered why I always ended up with the wrong partner, living in the wrong town, taking the wrong courses in college. I was following someone else’s dream because my dream had been pushed back and stacked on a shelf in the back with all the unused items. I went through decades trying to find myself, getting depressed; feeling unloved and unwanted, and ended up a complete mess. But all the while I kept telling myself that I was happy and I knew that I was on the right path.
Well, relationship, after relationship failed. I worked several jobs that didn’t satisfy me, although I put in my 110%, I felt there was something still missing. I kept having those feelings of “I’m too old”, or “I could never do that”, or “I’m just being silly, that could never happen to me”. But I was wrong in my thinking. I grew up feeling that my life was not my own and that I had to please everybody to make myself right.
Well, I am now on a path of fulfillment of establishing what I want to do and what makes me happy. I have started a new business and am thinking very strongly about my own church. I am studying courses that I finally want for my happiness and fulfillment and I am now married to a man is very supportive of what I have established as my goals.
My life is very different now and I will continue to pursue my life’s path. I choose to blossom. I love quotes and here is a quote from Anais Nin – “And the day came when the risk (it took) to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom”.

#2 User is offline   Rev. Linda M. Hourihan DD 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:03 PM

Hello Rev. Harriett ~ I love that same quote from Anais Nin also. Now that I am retired, I have time for taking a more active role with the ULC ministry. Enjoy!

Peace and Joy,
Rev. Linda Hourihan

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic