Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson 2 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson 2

#1 User is offline   DAS4283284 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

• Describe someone you know who has the Divine Mark. What set them apart?

His Holiness the 17th Karmapa Orgyen Trinley Dorje sat while giving a teaching to a church-full of 500+ people and exuded the presence of a mountain: rooted, centered, expansive, unmoveable. He was sick and still had that presence; his compassion, gentleness, and wisdom were equally rooted, expansive, and very present. It was humbling, astonishing, and inspiring to be in his presence. I have never encountered another being like him, not even the His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama (who manifests his divinity very differently).

• Has anyone observed the mark in you? Write down what they have said.

I don’t know and haven’t known anyone who thinks in terms of “Divine Mark”, but I have been told by theatre directors, meditation instructors, professors, bosses, tarot card readers, friends, and family members that there is a quality that I exude that they have labeled as “leader presence”, “revolution-leader”, “energy-mover”, “confident moonlight”, “expansive”, “like an ocean”, “meditative and welcoming”, etc.

• Consider your calling. Describe it in a paragraph or two.

To me, the term “calling” as mentioned in this lesson suggests the existence of a suprahuman intellectual being, whom many name “God.” In the Gnostic teachings I currently follow, this kind of a suprahuman being is an archon and is not God. The Universal God of Gnosticism is present within all of life as both a personal and an impersonal principle – like the law of gravity, or the rules of mathematics. So rather than using this suprahuman “calling” idea, I turn to Buddhist teachings and think of “calling” in terms of the suffering in the world. To me, the suffering of all beings calls to each human being to respond to it, to address it, and to help heal it. If I have a call, it is in response to this suffering of my human and animal sisters and brothers – whom, I believe, are each a manifestation of God spirit. For me, then, if it could be said that there were an actual call of God, the call of God for me would be more an imminent call coming from living beings rather than a transcendent call coming from an entity in Heaven.

#2 User is offline   Rev Mickey Gollahon 

• Icon
  • Interests:Baseball, Writing, Cooking, Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Marital Arts, Bible Discussion Groups, Debates on Government Issues, Reading

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:42 PM

The person I have noticed with the Divine Mark is Rev. Troy White. I have been present during some of his Testimonials and Healing. He walks and has the presence that makes you a believer. He has a good service and is a great public speaker. You can tell he is on a mission and he leaves you feeling fulfilled.

My wife and several friends have said that I should become a Pastor due to my gentle nature, my ability to make people at ease and my way of speaking is soothing to the ear. They say I can speak to people and not offend anyone, get my point across well and not leave you wondering what I was talking about or the reason I was talking about it in that context. I have a strong stance and I am secure in myself so I present a view of confidence. Somehow I seem to be able to find the right Chapter and Verse to suit the situation and can vocalize it well. The fact that I get passionate when speaking the Word of God makes people get into what I am saying and puts confidence and joy in their heart.

The Lord has been calling on me for over 30 yrs. now and I have just recently sir-com to his calling. Often I would question what he was saying to me asking what I could do that would he would call on me to serve. Most of the time I could not figure out why, but just a few months ago I finally realized that he better than I knew what he was doing and that I needed to get busy doing his work.Now I am almost 60 yrs. old and know that I have a lot to do before I depart this Earth, so I have devoted myself to spreading his Word and bringing lost Souls back to God.

Rev. Mickey D. Gollahon

#3 User is offline   David_Sp8 

• Icon

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

• Describe someone you know who has the Divine Mark. What set them apart?

The late Rev. Robert McGee. He was in the campus ministry at a local University. He was always at peace and never quick tempered. The only thing that caused him sadness was when the hospital would not let him have ballon animals for the children there. Even in the late stages of cancer, he was always cheerful.

• Has anyone observed the mark in you? Write down what they have said.

Good question. I do not have a temper and am a good listener.

• Consider your calling. Describe it in a paragraph or two.

I was premature when born and not expected to live. I always felt God intervened for some purpose I have yet to discover. I believe helping others is a high calling.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic