Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson 3 Assignment - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson 3 Assignment My Altar Layout

#1 User is offline   Wendy 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I have actually had my altar set up for several years. It has actually changed as I have changed over the years. This is my current layout.

Goddess White/Silver Candle God Candle/Statue

Incense and holder
Libation dish

Chalice Small Water dish Pentacle Tile Small Salt Dish

Bell Athame

Wand

BOS

I also have different colored candles that represent each of the elements. I use the standard North = Earth,
East = Air, South = Fire, West = Water . Green for earth, Blue for Water, Yellow for Air and Red for Fire. I also keep a lighter and a candle snuffer on my altar.

They are in the corresponding directions on my altar.

This is my permanant altar. I also have a "travel" altar which I use different colored stones to symbolize the elements. I also have things that I have found while on hikes that have "spoken" to me and I use as symbols for the Goddess and God as well as a small, portable wand. I keep a small bottle of water and a few salt packets along with it, in a small bag that I can take with me anywhere.

This post has been edited by Wendy: 16 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

#2 User is offline   sabrinarhiannon 

• Icon

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Our altars are setup very similarly. I wanted to say that I think it is a wonderful idea that you carry on you a travel altar on your person. I would never have thought to do that. Now I am inspired.
Sabrina Rhiannon

View PostWendy, on Feb 16 2009, 06:35 PM, said:

I have actually had my altar set up for several years. It has actually changed as I have changed over the years. This is my current layout.

Goddess White/Silver Candle God Candle/Statue

Incense and holder
Libation dish

Chalice Small Water dish Pentacle Tile Small Salt Dish

Bell Athame

Wand

BOS

I also have different colored candles that represent each of the elements. I use the standard North = Earth,
East = Air, South = Fire, West = Water . Green for earth, Blue for Water, Yellow for Air and Red for Fire. I also keep a lighter and a candle snuffer on my altar.

They are in the corresponding directions on my altar.

This is my permanant altar. I also have a "travel" altar which I use different colored stones to symbolize the elements. I also have things that I have found while on hikes that have "spoken" to me and I use as symbols for the Goddess and God as well as a small, portable wand. I keep a small bottle of water and a few salt packets along with it, in a small bag that I can take with me anywhere.

This post has been edited by sabrinarhiannon: 25 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

#3 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:22 AM

please excuse my ignorence,but what is a"BOS"?

i have talked to quite a few wiccans about their altars,but to my knowledge,have never heard them refer to that.

#4 User is offline   sabrinarhiannon 

• Icon

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

View Postrev mark, on Mar 27 2009, 07:22 AM, said:

i have talked to quite a few wiccans about their altars,but to my knowledge,have never heard them refer to that.

BOS stands for Book of Shadows. It is a book in which one records his or her spells and other personal things.

#5 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:18 PM

View Postsabrinarhiannon, on Mar 27 2009, 01:55 PM, said:

View Postrev mark, on Mar 27 2009, 07:22 AM, said:

BOS stands for Book of Shadows. It is a book in which one records his or her spells and other personal things.

now i feel dumb.i've never heard of anyone putting their book of shadows on their altar,but i never really asked what they did with it if they weren't reading or writing in it.thank you.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic