Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson 5 - Egyptian Hieroglyphs & Old Testament Confirmations - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson 5 - Egyptian Hieroglyphs & Old Testament Confirmations Assignment 5.1 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   lorin 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Reading: History, Religion, Mysteries/Detective.
    Movies: Comedy, Action, Classical Horror, Classics, Sci-Fi/Fantasy.
    Music: Muddy Water Blues, Light Jazz, Light Classical, 70's, Contemporary Christian, Southern Gospel, Traditional Country.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:26 PM

Do you feel the archeological discoveries, taken as a whole, define and support the theory of “preponderance of evidence” far more supportive of the Old Testament described history than not?
---------------------------------------------------------------
In the subject of Moses and the Exodus, it certainly seems clear that there is more than enough evidence to prove, define, and support the theory of the Old Testiment described in history. The artifacts that archaeological digs themselves have uncovered also proves this true. The fact that the same information is found on different artifacts in different areas proves to me that the event did in fact happen, which therefore, infers that a lot of, if not most of the events recorded in the Old Testiment, did in fact occur.
Lorin Stanley

#2 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

I like to compare evidence for Biblical stories with evidence for the Iliad. Just because archaeologist have found the ruins of Troy and that it was destroyed in a great battle does not prove the story in the Iliad. Especially the stories of the Greek Gods or that Achilles was semi-divine. Just because a story is set in a historic time frame does not lend credence to the varsity of the story. That being said, I did find the fact that the Pentateuch contained more Egyptian words then the rest of the Bible.I hope I am keeping an open mind but I want more evidence.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic