Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: My Assignments For Lessons 2 4 10 12 And 15 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My Assignments For Lessons 2 4 10 12 And 15

#1 User is offline   REv. Sabazius Pendragon 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 September 2008 - 08:57 AM

lesson 2
I have delt with many consequences in my life. this lesson has made me realize how consequences have alot to with obeying the Wiccan Rede " an it harn none, do as ye wilt" and how our decision affect it. here is one good example: i bought new tires around this time last year, since then i haven't rotated then, causing the tires to bald on the right side of each. now i had to buy new tires and get an alignment. this cost me 350 dollars. how does this affect and harm me and others? well the 350 could have been used for other useful things like food and diapers for my daughter. my poor decision caused this and was very preventable by just sending 40 dollars to get them rotated. by following the" Rede" means to make good decisions and that every single decision effects everything around us, good or bad. blessed be

lesson 4
my altar layout
chalice water salt censer
left candle goddess pentacle god right candle
Athame bell

direction: element-tool; deity north:

earth- salt and insence in censer; Goddess
east: air-censor and athame; Goddess
south:fire- censer and candles; God
west: water- bowl of water and chalice; God

Lesson 10 i was asked to write down each sabbat and what each holiday feels to me.
Samhain- I have always loved this holiday, even back when i called it Halloween. I always loved dressing up and watching scary movies.I still feel like a kid to this day. i believe this day or night brings out the imagination in almost everyone, wiccan or non-wiccan.
Yule and Ostara- would have to say my 2nd and 3rd favorites. growing up in a christian family most my life, i celebrated christmas and easter. As a kid, i wondered what santa, evergreens trees , colored eggs and bunnys , had to with the birth and death of christ. since turning to paganism about 10 years ago, i have learned how pagan holidays and customs were adopted by the earlt christian church. To be an unbias Wiccan, I have also read 3rd party information on this fact. Learning about these 2 sabbats alone has cleared up my past childhood ignorance of all the pagan ancient festivals and the comparisons of the christian ones.
Imbolc:Never really get a feel of this sabbat, i do understand that it is the celtic start of spring and the mother goddess is a maiden again.
Beltaine:Love this one! One this day I always look outside and notice how much the plants and trees have bloomed since Ostara. I can swear the day before there was no signs of plants or leaves growing, then on this day, BOOM, All sorts of life out there. This day is definitely the peak of spring, as the goddess leaves her evidence that she is here.
Litha:On this day, I also wish i was at stonehenge with all the pagan and druids of the world. i also think about the waning sun and start preparing for the coming autumn rituals.
Lughnasagh:all i can think about is sinking my teeth into some juicy corn.
Mabon:Love watching the leaves colors turn, and enjoy eating candy apples!

Lesson 15 Here is an Wiccaning i wrote for my daughter, Samara. Wiccaning of Samara.

Open the Rite by ringing the bell thrice

Light the Altar Candles

Consecration of the Elements Water:

Creatures of water, cast out from thyself all impurities and uncleanliness of this world.
Earth:

Creatures of earth, let only good enter to aid me in my work.
Fire and Air:

Creatures of Fire & Air, become the heart and soul of our Circle. So Mote It Be!

Cast the Circle

I conjure, create thee, O Circle of power, that shall be a boundary between the world of men and the realm of the mighty ones. A sphere of protection that shall preserve and contain all powers raised within. I bless and consecrate thee O circle of power to be a place of peace, love and power. So Mote It Be!
Call the Guardians:

North:
Hail, O Ariel, Ruler of the Forest and Field and the Element of Earth, I do summon and call thee forth, bear witness to these rites, as you shield and protect this gateway between the worlds.
Everyone:
Hail to the North
East:
Hail, O Raphael, Ruler of the Whirlwinds and the Element of Air, I do summon and call thee forth, bear witness to these rites, as you shield and protect this gateway between the worlds.

Everyone:
Hail to the East
South:
Hail, O Michael, Ruler of the Solar Orb and Element of Fire, I do summon and call thee forth, bear witness to these rites, as you shield and protect this gateway between the world.

Everyone:
Hail to the South
West:
Hail, O Gabriel, Ruler of the Mysterious Depths and the Element of water, I do summon and call thee forth, bear witness to these rites, as you shield and protect this gateway between the worlds.

Everyone:
Hail to the West
center:
Hail, O Spirit One, Ruler of the Heavenly Vault and the Underworld, Guardian of the Divine Kingdom, I do summon forth your wisdom. For as above , so below, as the universe so the soul. As without so within. Wiccaning Ritual:

rev. michael: Good afternoon!
We are met in this circle today to ask the Lord of the Sun, the God, and the Lady of the Moon, the goddess, to bless and wiccan Samara, the daughter of Crescent and Michael. There are many paths that reach out to the Divine, and each must find their own. We are not here to bind Samara to the path of Wicca, but to ask the divine God and Goddess to bless, protect and prepare her; so when she as truly grown, she without doubt can choose her own path with perfect love and trust. Crescent , Mother of Samara, bring her forward so she may be blessed.

Invite the God and Goddess

We invite both the God and Goddess, our lord and lady, today, so that they can always shine their light of protection on Samara during her life's long journey through mind, body, and spirit. For as above, so below. So Mote It Be.

Introduce Samara to the elements.

Rev. Michael anoints Samara's forehead with oil, I anoint thee, Samara, with oil, to open up her third eye.

then anoints the elements of the God, then says,

I anoint thee, Samara, with air and fire, in the name of the Mighty God. (NOTE: when anointing her with fire, i will place my hand over the flame of the candle then on her forehead)

follows with the elements of the Goddess, then says, I anoint thee, Samara, with earth and water, in the name of the Gentle Goddess.
Introduce her to the Guardians:
Auriel(then Rapheal,Michael,Gabriel), Guardian of the Watchtower of the NorthfthenEast,South,West),Elements of Earth( then Air,Fire,Water), we do bring before you Samara, who has beenduly anointed within the circle. Hear ye, therefore, that she is under the protection of theGod and Goddess.
Bestow the Gifts on Samara:

Michael: O Mighty God, bestow upon this child the gift of strength.

Crescent: O Gentle Goddess, bestow upon this child the gift of beauty.

Michael: O Mighty God, bestow upon this child the gift of wisdom

Crescent: O Gentle Goddess, bestow upon this child the gift of love.

Rev. Michael:
The God and Goddess have blessed her; The Guardians of the Watchtowers have acknowledged her; We her family and friends have welcomed her; Therefore, O Circle of stars, Shine in peace on Samara, So Mote It Be!

Closing Circle

North:
Hear me O Mighty Ariel, Ruler of the Forest and Field, Guardian of the Northern Portal, We thank thee for thy blessings and protection, at this gateway between the worlds, and bid thee hail and farewell.
Everyone:
Hail and Farewell!
East:
Hear me O Mighty Raphael, Ruler of the Whirlwinds, Guardian of the Eastern Portal, We thank thee for thy blessings and protection, at this gateway between the worlds, and bid thee hail and farewell.
Everyone:
Hail and Farewell!
South:
Hear me O Mighty Michael, Ruler of the Solar Orb, Guardian of the Southern Portal, We thank thee for thy blessings and protection, at his gateway between the worlds, and bid thee hail and farewell.
Everyone:
Hail and Farewell!
West:
Hear me O Mighty Gabriel, Ruler of the Mysterious Depths, Guardian of the Western Portal, We thank thee for thy blessings and protection, at this gateway between the worlds, and bid thee hail and farewell.
Everyone:
Hail and Farewell!

Every will recite the Divine Mission.

We are all children of the Divine, and we are divine.
We are part of the created life forces which moves the universe.
We are microcosm and macrocosm.
We are part of all that is.

Michael will recite:

Through we are apart, we are ever together for we are one in the spirit of our Goddess and God. Merry Meet. Merry Part, and Merry Meet again, Blessed be!

Bring up Circle: O Circle of Power that has been a boundary between the world of men, and the realm of the Mighty Ones, that has served to preserve and contain all energy raised within, We now recall and withdraw your force of power. As from above, so below. So Mote It Be!

Lesson 12 Yule- Winter solstice(dec 21), Honoring the death of Horned God(Holly King) and the rebirth of the Sun God(Oak King) at the dawn of the Winter Solstice. Christian name is Christmas. Christmas symbols (evergreens, holly, mistletoe, yule logs, even the image of santa) can be traced back to the Norse pagan traditions

Imbolg- Celestial midway point(Celtic feb 1 Astronomical feb 2) This is the feast of the waxing light which marks the awakening of the earth and promise of spring. Imbolg is related to the Goddess Brigid( pronounced breed). Christian name is Candlemas in honor of Saint Bridget(Christianized version of the Goddess Brigid). The American observance of this day is Groundhog Day

Ostara- Vernal Equinox(mar 21) Ostara |he Germanic Goddess of Spring is named after her counterpart Eostre the Anglo-Saxon Goddess of Spring. Ostara marks the point when the earth's day and night are equal. This day is in honor of the Virgin maiden Goddess mating with the Sun God born at Winter and has conceived the new sun god to be born again at the next Winter Solstice. Christian name is Easter which is named after Eostre the Goddess of spring. Easter is celebrated on the Sunday following the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox(Ostara). Egg(rebirth) and the Hare(fertilty) are ancient symbols of spring.

Beltane- Celestial midway point(Celtic may 1, Astronomical may 5) Honoring the Goddess transformation of the Maiden to the Mother. Spring has reached it's high point and the Mother Goddess who is pregnant rejoices by returning life to the earth as plants and trees start to bloom. She also marries the Sun God. Christian name N/A. Beltane has become the social holiday May Day. Mexican observance of this day is Cinco de Mayo(May 5th). Beltaine in honor of the Mother Goddess is where the observance of Mother's Day started.

Litha- Summer Solstice(june 21) Honoring the young Sun God's(0ak King) transformation to the mature Horned God(Holly King). He takes responsibility of fatherhood, as the sun begins to wane after the longest day of the year. Christian name is St John the Baptist Day. This day was chosen St John the Baptist because the Summer Solstice marks the point when the sun enter the sign of cancer, represents the crab which walks sideways symolizing the waning sun, which elemental sign is water.The waning sun represents the Horned God responsibilities of fatherhood, which is where the observance of Father's day started.

Lughnasadh- Celestial midway point( Celtic Aug1 Astronomical Aug 5) The Grain Harvest. Corn and grain are predominant features of rituals at this time because they symbolize the fertility of the earth, the awakening of life, and life coming from death. The golden ears of corn are seen as an offspring of the sun and virgin earth. Christian name is Lammas which means loaf-mass.

Mabon- Autumnal Equinox(sept 21) Second Harvest. Night and Day are equal again, but night will soon take over day. This day is also known as the Harvest Home and is the end of the agricultural year. Christian name is N/A. Since spring symbolizes rebirth and beginning and summer symbolizes maturity, this means autumn symbolizes growing old because the leaves on the trees begin to turn color which means they are coming to the end of their life. This is why Grandparents Day is observed at this time of year

Samhain(pronounced sow//?J(Celtic Oct 31 Astronomical Nov 5) This is the Celtic New Year. Samhain, which means "summer's end", for our ancestors, was when the majority of the herd was butchered, providing food for the winter months. The barren earth and the decreasing daylight made this concept of death an ever present reality. Because of this, Samhain has always been consider a time when the veil between the worlds of the living and dead was at their thinnest, so this was a time to celebrate with our past love ones.Samhain is also the time when the Horned God( Holly King) is in his waning days before he will die at Yule(Winter Soltice). Christian names is Halloween, All Saints Day, and All Souls Day.

These days have been observed by different customs for years and centuries, Yule as Christmas, Imbolc as Groundhog Day, Ostara as Easter, Beltane as May Day and Cinco de Mayo, Litha as St John the Baptist Day, Lughnasadh as Lammas in Europe, Mabon as Grandparents Day, Samhain as Halloween, All Saints and Souls Day. These days have always been alive and their meanings have been disguised by different ones, but millions or billions of us who celebrated these days didn't acknowledge the fact that when they decorated a tree at Christmas or colored eggs or attended at Easter sunrise, they were practicing ancient pagan beliefs..

This post has been edited by REv. Sabazius Pendragon: 07 September 2008 - 09:00 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic