Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Final Essay - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Final Essay

#1 User is offline   sabrinarhiannon 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

Dr. of Wiccan Studies

#2 User is offline   JP 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Post icon  Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

Dear sabrinarhiannon.

Congratulations on your final essay and completing the course :) I enjoyed reading your final essay

I am a dowser and if you ever have questions about it, please feel free to contact me. While there are similarities to scrying, they are quite different in some very practical aspects

I found your wand comment interesting - I find a wand a very, very practical tool (I teach its usage in one of my classes) and find that as people become more familiar with it, it kind of "grows" on them. I also prefer using wood to using metal (a la athame)

Good luck with your next class and keep up the good work!

Yours in the Way,
JP

#3 User is offline   sabrinarhiannon 

• Icon

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

Thank you. If I think of any questions regarding dowsing or scrying, I will not hesitate to ask. I suppose, since you are a dowser, it makes more sense for you to use wood. I would think that something taken from a tree would be more sensitive to finding water than something forged of metal. I'm not saying that dowsing can't be used to find other things as well; water is just what came to mind. For some reason, I've always prefered athames to wands. I'm thinking of getting a wand now, though, now that I've seen some very pretty ones. I may make it myself. I haven't decided, but some people I recently met make very elaborate ones that have sparked my interest in owning one. I haven't decided if I want to move on to Spirit Quest next or another course. I suppose I have a little time to think about it. I am definitely leaning towards Sprit Quest. I am also going to study more about Seax Wicca on my own as the course has sparked an interest in that as well versus some of the other Trads. It was an enjoyable course and I am anxiously awaiting my certificate of completion to hang on the wall. :beer: Thanks again.

View PostJP, on May 19 2008, 07:33 AM, said:

Dear sabrinarhiannon.

Congratulations on your final essay and completing the course :) I enjoyed reading your final essay

I am a dowser and if you ever have questions about it, please feel free to contact me. While there are similarities to scrying, they are quite different in some very practical aspects

I found your wand comment interesting - I find a wand a very, very practical tool (I teach its usage in one of my classes) and find that as people become more familiar with it, it kind of "grows" on them. I also prefer using wood to using metal (a la athame)

Good luck with your next class and keep up the good work!

Yours in the Way,

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic