Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson 13 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson 13 Not sure what you are looking for

#1 User is offline   zookie 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

Ok, I have re-read lesson 13 for the second or third time and I am still a bit confused. I have picked out a celtic legend, found who I think represents the good, the bad and the ugly. I am just not really sure what you are looking for as far as the assignment goes . " analyze it as though you were listening to a myth of another culture for the first time. Look for Hero or God figures from the last lesson, and try to fit it into a story archetype." Ok, I am really feeling a little dumb right now but are you looking for individual gods to compare to the charactars in the stories? I am looking at the story Tam Lin and the main character is Seonaid, a young woman that saves Tam Lin from the feary queen. She would be what you refered to as the conquering hero. She must suffer through the faery queens spells to win back the prince who then becomes her husband and they live happily ever after.
Please let me know a little more about what it is you are looking for. Thanks and Blessings. Sherry

#2 User is offline   sabrinarhiannon 

• Icon

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

Rhiannon

Rhiannon was a Welsh Goddess of the Moon, Birds, and Horses, as well as life and death. She is also the Goddess whom we turn to when wrongful accusations are made towards us.
Rhiannon first appeared to a mortal man named Pwyll. She was dressed in a beautiful gold gown. Pwyll became instantly enamored by her. Her white horse, which some people have named Epona, while others are unsure of the name, was too fast for even the fastest of Pwyll

#3 User is offline   Daven 

• Icon

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

Zookie,

Think of that part of the assignment this way: Pretend you have NEVER heard that story before. Think about what you would think if you heard it for the first time, told by someone in that culture. Given your pantheon of gods, the ones you understand to be the Great God, the Mother God and so on, who would you relate Tam Lin to? The other characters? Who could equate to whom?

That's what I was looking for.
Author, Witch, Druid, High Priest. Owner, Erin's Journal http://davensjournal.com Tarot reader, ULC Minister, parent and all around great person.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic