Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Comparative Religion Lesson 2 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Comparative Religion Lesson 2

#1 User is offline   Autumn 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

In this lesson we learn about ecumenical and interfaith movements. These movements are designed to respect each individual religion yet develope ways in which they can coexist in peace and respect.

It also touches on the need for interfaith ministers because of growing interfaith practice. For example, a Catholic who uses Chinese meditation. Or perhaps two people of different religions who marry and incorporate parts of both religions in their daily lives. These type of situations require ministers who are able to grasp a wide variety of religions and help people keep their own faith while coexisting with people of different faiths.

#2 User is offline   Sherri 

• Icon

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Thank you for posting. The diversity and tolerance you mention seems like it would promote personal growth as well as growth as a community.

Maybe these same qualities can be found in good or great leaders.

It would be a great foundation for Chaplains too?

Sherri

#3 User is offline   Autumn 

• Icon

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

I'm taking this course as part of the Chaplaincy program, so yes I agree. As we become more of a global community, I believe it's to the advantage of all to understand different religions as well as cultures.

View PostSherri, on 07 July 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Thank you for posting. The diversity and tolerance you mention seems like it would promote personal growth as well as growth as a community.

Maybe these same qualities can be found in good or great leaders.

It would be a great foundation for Chaplains too?

Sherri

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic