Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson Three - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson Three Similarities

#1 User is offline   Oregon Raindrop 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:spirituality, jewelry making, helping others, comedy movies, cats, reading, and traveling

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

Lesson 3 - Similarities

I value all the quotes that were included in this week's lesson. Very beautifully put together. I am not drawn to the ceremonies, teachings, sermons, candle lighting, and dancing that were included, but they seemed well thought out and uplifting in the right venue.

The question is, “Is it appropriate for religious leaders to take political action publicly.”

It is appropriate for any person, at any time, to stand up for what they believe in. Bumper sticker wisdom "speak your mind, even if your voice shakes". But as far as separation of church and state, I detest religious leaders with political agendas. Very, very rarely have I seen honest motives behind political agendas. Example: A minister who petitioned tirelessly to have the local county government build a warming center & soup kitchen. Flyers in every business window in town saying call your county commissioners! Sign my petition!
Every person __should__ think for themselves and not idolize their religious leader and believe everything they say (especially if there is a possibility of money being involved).
To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour.
William Blake

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic