Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Master Of Wicca Course - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Master Of Wicca Course Final Essay

#1 User is offline   Frank 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

Master Of Wicca Final Essay

I have been studying and Practicing Wicca for the better part of 9 years now but I found this course very enlightening and informative. It is an excellent way for a beginner to become familiar with Wicca and the traditions. This course helped to reaffirm my beliefs and cement the path I have followed and shall continue, For being a solitary it is easy to get caught up in everyday routine tasks and not set aside time for spiritual side.
I have always found a similarity between many religious traditions and the Pagan ways, and I firmly believe the Catholic religion especially adopted there ways and traditions from the pagan ways but put a different twist on many. The section on Dowsing I found very interesting for it is an area I up to now never paid much attention to, But when I tried it and found the level of accuracy to be so high I was amazed. I also found the section on spells so very important. Wicca has become so misunderstood in this area, so to relate prayer to spells is an excellent observation. For we cast spells to bring about change in ourselves not others. By changing ourselves everything else changes also.
Another Most important subject touched upon is fact we don

#2 User is offline   sabrinarhiannon 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:55 AM

Great essay, Frank. I am a solitary witch of about 16 years. I agree that it can sometimes be hard to make time for religios practice in day to day life, or even all the esbats and sabbats, for that matter. But, it is oh so worth it when you do. The full moon of last month, I performed the ceremony of Drawing Down the Moon. It was a genuine thrill and a wonderful experience. Now, with Samhain coming up, I find myself excited again, for that is my favorite holiday.

I am glad you point out that we do not worship the devil as many people believe. An it harm none, Do as ye will...

I am gald you learned a lot from the course. I went through the same thing, waiting for the course each week was hard. I, also, hadn't really paid enough attention to dowsing in my studies on my own.

Congratulations on completing the course.

Blessed be,

Sabrina Rhiannon

[quote name='Frank' post='51069' date='Jun 22 2008, 06:06 AM']Master Of Wicca Final Essay

I have been studying and Practicing Wicca for the better part of 9 years now but I found this course very enlightening and informative. It is an excellent way for a beginner to become familiar with Wicca and the traditions. This course helped to reaffirm my beliefs and cement the path I have followed and shall continue, For being a solitary it is easy to get caught up in everyday routine tasks and not set aside time for spiritual side.
I have always found a similarity between many religious traditions and the Pagan ways, and I firmly believe the Catholic religion especially adopted there ways and traditions from the pagan ways but put a different twist on many. The section on Dowsing I found very interesting for it is an area I up to now never paid much attention to, But when I tried it and found the level of accuracy to be so high I was amazed. I also found the section on spells so very important. Wicca has become so misunderstood in this area, so to relate prayer to spells is an excellent observation. For we cast spells to bring about change in ourselves not others. By changing ourselves everything else changes also.
Another Most important subject touched upon is fact we don

#3 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:11 AM

a very good final essay.

many times,i have tried to explain,not all witches are wiccans,and not all wiccans are witches.in fact,not all wiccans practice casting spells.

as far as"devil"or satan worship,i have explained that number one,it would require a belief in said being;and number two,you would have your religions mixed up.however human stupidity reigns over anything else.

i wish you the best in your practice and continued studies.

we klingons have no devils,but we understand how yours works.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic