Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Christian Viewpoint - 5 Things That Make a Good Home Group Host - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Christian Viewpoint - 5 Things That Make a Good Home Group Host

#1 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:See webpage

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Hosting a home group is just as important as leading one. The host is the person or couple who opens up their home for the home group meeting. There are several requirements for being a good home group host.

View the full article
The Universal Life Church , also known as the ULC has wonderful minister training, has a great Online Seminary program and is a great place to get an Ordination.

Try our new toolbar: ULC Toolbar

Honesty and integrity in all that I do (at least this is what I aim for.)
"We've learned an important lesson about bushfires. Be afraid, very afraid"

#2 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

We have taken off aboard the Worship Airways and we start to glide through the air and also to live for worship, our first stop is going to be, what is Worship? It is an individual adoration of God; it is a one man's band. As we yearn to learn all about we will start with defining what the term worship means.

View the full article
The Universal Life Church , also known as the ULC has wonderful minister training, has a great Online Seminary program and is a great place to get an Ordination.

#3 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:36 AM

From time to time I periodically ask people a certain question. I use this question as a conversation starter to eventually talk about Christ. The question goes like this, "Are you a good person and a bad person?"

View the full article

#4 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

People desire to be different and unique. Uniqueness comes in different shapes, designs and packages. Jesus desired to sell the idea of the reality of the heavenly kingdom and he talked a lot about it. He was bombarded with many and difficult questions. He responded accordingly. When he answered the one of, "Render... to Caesar the things that are Caesar's" in Matthew 22:21, it became an astonishing response even until now.

View the full article

#5 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:08 AM

There are many end time deceivers in the church today. There are those that profess the knowledge of the truth but deny the power of God to judge them by their works. The Bible is complete and without fault, but there are those that desire to change the truth into a lie.

View the full article

#6 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." "I will declare"; To make known; to tell explicitly; to manifest or communicate plainly to others by words. In theology, predetermined purpose of God; the purpose or determination of an immutable Being, whose plan of operations is, like himself, unchangeable.

View the full article

#7 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

We have taken off aboard the Worship Airways and we start to glide through the air and also to live for worship, our first stop is going to be, what is Worship? It is an individual adoration of God; it is a one man's band. As we yearn to learn all about we will start with defining what the term worship means. The Word "Worship" defies definition as it is too big a word to define or breakdown fully, for today we will start to break it down.

We will look at how the English Language came up or structured and formed the word worship. The term carries several meanings attached to it but when we break its structure we will also understand more and more about it.

a. Worship comes from two Old English Words combined together which are "Worth" and "ship" or "scip" which then make up "Woerthscipe" altogether which means to ascribe quality of having worth or to ascribe the quality of being worthy

b. Worship also comes from another set of words "Woerdhscipe" which means to give recognition to God which He deserves or which is due to His Name. "Meritoriousness" which basically means "worthiness"

Our ordinary Dictionary explains worship as showing great honour and respect to, praise and pray to God mind you this is what the dictionary states.. The Thesaurus explains Worship as respect, adore, cherishing, to respect.

Altogether these are the definitions of Worship according to the English Language and the dictionary, they showed us that it is about ascribing, giving worth to Him who is Worthy.

The meaning of the word worship to the church is different from the meaning of worship to the church so think about it. The most powerful man is the one who understand WHY he does what he does than He who just follows. He who understands has a bigger and a better platform than He who does not, and it is this platform that matters and its such when you understand such you become more and more aware of what God is doing in your life.

What does it mean to you.

God Bless

Ark of Worship is an entity by Kelvin Mutize that teaches on the fundamentals of biblical worship and how what they mean now. He is a teacher, writer, speaker, worship leader and percussionist Ark of Worship also focusing on understanding what and why do we worship God, the King of Kings. Visit the blogsite: http://theworshipofgod.blogspot.com.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles...t=Kelvin_Mutize
I have been ordained through the Universal Life Church , and I post spiritual articles at ULC and at the Universal Life Church Seminary course listings. I'm also a martial artist and I teach Sacramento Martial Arts. I support the Universal Life Church Article Directory, and have blogs that contain ULC Seminary Essays and Wedding Ceremonies.

#8 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hosting a home group is just as important as leading one. The host is the person or couple who opens up their home for the home group meeting. There are several requirements for being a good home group host.

First, the host home needs to be clean. If you are going to invite people to your home group make sure that your home is presentable. If you have dirty dishes in the sink or the floor is not swept those things can become a distraction to your guests. In my opinion, you should prepare your home as if Jesus was coming to your meeting. Hosting is ministry and by you opening up your home and presenting a clean and neat appearance is just as important as the person who is facilitating or leading the discussion.

Second, greet everyone that comes in the door. Make sure you say hello to everyone and thank them for taking the time to come to your home. Be sure to get their contact information if you can and send them a thank you card letting them know that you really appreciated them coming.

Third, have refreshments. Whether you provide them or someone else does make sure that you have plenty of refreshments. Something as simple as cookies and a drink works wonders. You can have your guest eat refreshments before, after, or during the meeting it doesn't matter just as long as you have them. Providing refreshments helps people open up and hopefully gets them talking.

Fourth, make sure you have plenty of chairs. As a good host you want to make sure that you have enough chairs or seating space for your guests. Some people don't mind sitting on the floor but you want to make sure if you can that you have enough chairs for everyone.

Fifth, minimize distractions. If there are other people in your home who will not be sitting in on the meeting try to get them to go to another room. I've been in home groups where there's music blasting in another room or the kids are really being distracting. Try to be sensitive to the fact that there are people in your group who want to learn God's Word. Help serve them by ensuring that the distractions or at a minimum. Also, be sure to have every one put their cell phones on vibrate during the meeting.

Hopefully, you are getting the point. There are several things that you can do to make your guests feel at home. A good hosts would put some thought into making sure that his or her guest feel welcome.

Jerry Kinard is the pastor of Growth Ministries an urban house church network located in Raleigh, North Carolina. For more information about his ministry, please visit http://www.urbanhousechurches.com.
I have been ordained through the Universal Life Church , and I post spiritual articles at ULC and at the Universal Life Church Seminary course listings. I'm also a martial artist and I teach Sacramento Martial Arts. I support the Universal Life Church Article Directory, and have blogs that contain ULC Seminary Essays and Wedding Ceremonies.

#9 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

From time to time I periodically ask people a certain question. I use this question as a conversation starter to eventually talk about Christ. The question goes like this, "Are you a good person and a bad person?"

I don't remember a person that I asked this question respond that they are wicked, vile, wretched, and even an evil person. I have gotten responses in which they claim that they've done many bad things but at the same time done good things therefore they are good. Many claim they are good, decent, and a moral person but the truth can only be revealed to them.

The Bible tells us that man's heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things. (Jer. 17:9) Unless God reveals to man of man's true condition and who man truly is before a Holy God. We will remain foolish, disobedient, deceived, and enslaved to various passions. (Titus 3:3-7)

To take this into consideration if one goes to the local county jail and ask all the inmates this question whether they are good or a bad person most if not all will simply give a reply stating that they've made mistakes but they are a good person.

Unless you are truly regenerated or "born again" you may not realize how wicked and evil you in your sinful nature really is. In order to prove that your heart (mind) is wicked throughout I only need to expose your thoughts. If I took all your thoughts from the moment you was born to this very moment and played them in a movie format and then showed them in front of your family and your closest friends. You would be so ashamed and embarrassed that you will never and could never show your face to them again. Even you would be shocked at all of the thoughts you have thought about. This is only proves that man's mind is wicked and evil.

Now imagine Judgment Day when you are in front of a perfect and Holy God in which is He is perfectly good. He will perfectly show how perfectly evil you are unless you are justified through the merits of another Jesus Christ the righteous. On that day many will eagerly walk to Hell willingly and acceptably because they will realize how evil, vile, and wicked they are compared to a Holy God.

Jay Gheen is the author of "Dwelling With God". A blog that focuses on the only One True God. Explore Truth, Wisdom, and The Sovereignty of God with Jay Gheen.

#10 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

"I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."

"I will declare"; To make known; to tell explicitly; to manifest or communicate plainly to others by words. In theology, predetermined purpose of God; the purpose or determination of an immutable Being, whose plan of operations is, like himself, unchangeable.

"the decree", To be established by the supreme power to be enforced. appointed; established in purpose, binding without reservation.

"have I begotten thee"; Procreated; generated,established.

"Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:"

"Thou shalt decree a thing, and it shall be established."

The fact that Jesus was declared, by Jehovah, to be His Son forever, has caused the heathen to rage over their frailties and weaknesses in this life. Knowing that God can do, as His will dictates, they fume over the fact that without Jesus, in their lives, they are lost. Not only did the Lord declare that He had begotten(established) Jesus, as His Son, but also had given Him power, and full control over all aspects of the Church of the first born, according to Hebrews 12:23.

As Jehovah is unchangeable, His establishment of His Word, as His Son, is also unchangeable. His decree is established as law and will endure forever, from everlasting to everlasting. His laws and statutes will not be changed nor will they be compromised. We must all repent and believe in Jesus as the Son of God, or we shall perish. This is the foundation of the Christian faith. Man has made an extreme effort to degrade the truth, to change and compromise it for their own selfish interest. Making for themselves, priest, prophets, doctrines, religions, and ministers, not ordained, nor recognized, by the Lord, all being outside the law and will of God. God will never ordain a homosexual priest, neither will He call or ordain any man that preaches hate or death to anyone, that preaches hate or death to the nation or children of Israel, nor will He recognize them, for as His word states clearly, this is an abomination. He has stated that He has never called them nor even spoken to them.

Many have called for the total annihilation of Israel and its people, the Lord is not with them, neither will He ever condone such actions, for the Lord God Jehovah is married to the children of Israel, all according to His word. To deny the Lords word and reject His declaration that Jesus is His established heir, and Son, shows the spirit of anti-Christ, which is in the world.

Jesus being established as the Lords Son, dictates that all men should believe and repent. The idols of this world, the false religions, the false doctrines will fall before Him, every knee shall bow and every tong shall confess that Jesus is both Lord and Christ. Who shall counsel the Lord, or who shall instruct the Lord in righteousness? Who shall say that the Lord cannot declare a thing, co-mitt to something that is upon His will?

Has not the Lord created man, created all things visible and invisible? Men do not question weather the Lord is, nor have they denied that the Lord has the power to create or destroy, but multitudes deny the Lord the ability to have a Son and Heir to His kingdom. Men have become jealous over the Son of God, knowing that they are not as important as they thought they were. Men have become angry over the fact that Jesus, and not them, have the power and authority over the established church. There is only one Holy Father, and he sits upon His throne. For it is written for our wisdom and knowledge, Call no man Father on this earth as it is written in Matthew 23:9. But even here we see man compromising with the laws and established commandments of the Christ.

Jesus being the only begotten of the Father, has caused such a stir that multitudes call for the removal of any mention of Him, and also Gods word. But when it comes to false religions, they call for a more pronounced presence. Stating that all mankind need to recognize them as an alternative to Christianity. This is not a game of popularity, this is the fight over the souls of mankind. On one hand we see Jesus desiring to save all that are lost, and on the other hand the spirit of anti-Christ trying to destroy what the Lord has ordained as His will for man, for It is the Lords will that none should perish but that all come into repentance.

We, as Christians, have but two choices,
1. believe and defend this everlasting gospel, or
2. let our faith be destroyed and join the forces of darkness. As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord God threw His Son Jesus. Ars. Webster,TSK. Psa 2:7 Rom 1:3-4 Job 22.

Temple of Spirit & Truth Ministries
A.R.Smith Ministries
http://www.ourchurch...arsmithsermons/

#11 User is offline   AmyLong 

• ULC Seminary Director
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

There are many end time deceivers in the church today. There are those that profess the knowledge of the truth but deny the power of God to judge them by their works. The Bible is complete and without fault, but there are those that desire to change the truth into a lie.

"I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." I have no knowledge of you, for you are not written in the Lambs book of life. You have worked evil using my name, you have prophesied a false prophecy, stated a doctrine that was not righteous. You have played the harlot with vipers, stated false teachings and have undone justice and replaced it with ungodliness. You have sought out your own glory, you have been built upon pride, and have forgotten that all glory belongs to the Lord. Money, lust, pride and all manner of abominations has been your god, let now your god deliver and sustain you.

Iniquity; A particular deviation from rectitude; a sin or crime; wickedness; any act of injustice. "Your iniquities have separated between you and your God."

Matthew 7:22-23, is specific on the state of those that will not adhere to the sound doctrine nor true principles of the Gospel. The Lord has not changed His word to suite those that willingly propagate a sinful lifestyle.

The foundation of the true church, that is Christ, is sound. This foundation has no need of change, nor will it accept those that are committing sinful lust in the name of the Lord. What the Lord has declared an abomination or unclean, we must come out from among it, hasten away to the light and leave any who would desire us to follow them in the paths of darkness.

These sinful lust include, but are not limited to, pride, greed, homosexuality, women being ordained as Bishops, and false doctrines that state that Jesus is not the only way to salvation. These are some of the iniquities that will cause the Lord to deny entry into His kingdom. There are ministers today that have been sued and arrested for their testimony of the truth of the Gospel. Many have been inprisioned for their defense of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and there are laws that state, anyone who preaches that homosexuality is a sin, shall be arrested, this being a hate crime. Are these not the end days, are not these that are preaching a false doctrine, a false divination and a false prophecy?

There are many that are deviating from the truth, refusing to hear the word of the Lord, even when they say the Lord has ordained their actions. If a man or woman be of Christ, the Gospel will be their guide to all things righteous, they will not try to remove any passage from the word, nor will they accept the changing of righteous behavior for anything that appears unrighteous.

A woman cannot be a bishop, for the word of the Lord states that a Bishop must be the husband of one wife, so therefore those that accept or promote anything contrary to the Lords laws, have committed iniquity and will be judged.

As far as homosexuality, gay or lesbianism, Romans 1;23 threw 32, states clearly that those who profess that they are of God, lie, they have committed iniquity and their acts are against the Laws of God and nature itself. The book of Romans, among others, tells us that these people, that commit homosexual acts, are unclean, being outside the will of God concerning the behavior of both men and women.

Knowing this, as stated clearly, men or women that claim Jesus Christ, being unclean, are not known by Him and unless they repent and conform to sound doctrine, shall be turned away as an outsider.

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

These people are not of God, neither do they know, nor are they known by Him. Why must people, who know the truth, try to convert others to a evil lifestyle or a false doctrine? Why if we tell the truth are we judged as a sinner, why are those that preach the truth hated and called prejudiced? We are hated for the Lord was hated, we will be persecuted because the Lord was persecuted.

Ministers of the Lord can state that Jesus is the only way to be saved and they are hated. Ministers of the Lord can state that other religions and doctrines contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ are false and will lead to nothing except a devils hell, and they are threatened. What makes this gospel so hated by the world, so hated by those that would deviate from it to do those things that are unseemly? What makes this gospel so hated that, according to prophecy, many shall be put to death for their testimony of Jesus Christ?

For as it is written, "This Gospel shall be preached in all nations then shall the end come." ars.

Webster,TSK. Mat 7:22-23 Isa 59.

Temple of Spirit & Truth Ministries
A.R.Smith Ministries
http://www.ourchurch...arsmithsermons/

#12 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

Fear of death! No matter where it comes from. It is always fear. That is our originally fear, from Eden, when the man for the first time disobeyed God and stepped into a sin (Bible, Gen 3:10). As the fear is one of the strongest emotions, perhaps the strongest one, this issue is very good for manipulations. The Maya's calendar is only one of many instruments for it.

View the full article

#13 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:21 PM

"whoever exalts himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted." --for one reason or another did not like to be "churched" and wanted the newer version which was being introduced into the United States by way of the U.K. and Spain. He was cajoled and sought after by the Search committee as a replacement for the pastor who was previously asked to leave. The argument between the traditional and the contemporary, "us and them," caused a great schism in the church, but not a 'split' so that we went separate ways.

View the full article

#14 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

Christian missionaries are as active as ever nowadays. Gospel for Asia, as well as other similar organizations, is at the forefront of evangelism and church planting. Basically, they spread the Christian faith to new geographical areas and cultures, and establish new Christian churches.

View the full article

#15 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

This article reveals that there is something more than emptiness. Even though the universe is mostly space, there is "something" that many masters understand, that is a constant in a universe that is considered not only space but also a place of constant change. Read further to discover more about the sound that designates what many ascetics and spiritualists call The Blessed Divine Presence.

View the full article

#16 User is offline   Travis R 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:31 PM

Masters of Religion
Lesson 2 – The Old Testament
Essay Questions

Question) Memorize basically all 39 books in their sequence and read the explanations at the beginning of each book in your Bible.

Answer) There is no way that my mind will permit me to memorize the complete list of the 39 book as they are not something I am passionate about memorizing. I do hope that creating this list will satisfy this part of the question requirement.

1. Genesis 11. 1 Kings 21. Ecclesiastes 31. Obadiah
2. Exodus 12. 2 Kings 22. Song of Solomon 32. Jonah
3. Leviticus 13. 1 Chronicles 23. Isaiah 33. Micah
4. Numbers 14. 2 Chronicles 24. Jeremiah 34. Nahum
5. Deuteronomy 15. Ezra 25. Lamentations 35. Habakkuk
6. Joshua 16. Nehemiah 26. Ezekiel 36. Zephaniah
7. Judges 17. Esther 27. Daniel 37. Haggai
8. Ruth 18. Job 28. Hosea 38. Zechariah
9. 1 Samuel 19. Psalms 29. Joel 39. Malachi
10. 2 Samuel 20. Proverbs 30. Amos

Question) Establish an argumentation for a specific version of the Ten Commandments - use the version you decide to make yours.

Answer) My argument would be of the KJV Exodus version of the Ten Commandments and the punishments one should expect to receive and conduct onto another that breaks these Ten Commandments. Many are aware of the Ten Commandments themselves, but are they aware of the punishments for breaking them.

1st. Commandment,
Exodus 20:3 “Thou shalt have no other gods before me”.

Old Testament punishment

Deuteronomy 17:1-5 “And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heavens, which I have not commanded. Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing and shalt stone them with stones, till they die”.

Deuteronomy 13:6-10, “If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is of thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. Thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God."

Exodus 22:20 “He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the Lord only, he shall be utterly destroyed”.

New Testament punishment
Mark 16:16 “He that believeth not, shall be damned”.

2nd. Commandment,
Exodus 20:4 “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water below.”

Old Testament punishment
Deuteronomy 27: 15 “Cursed be the man that maketh any graven or molten image.”

3rd. Commandment,
Exodus 20:7 “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord in vain”.

Old Testament punishment

Leviticus 24:16 “And he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to death”,

New Testament punishment

Matthew 12:32 “Whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come”.

Mark 3:29 - “He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation”.

4th. Commandment,
Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy”.

Old Testament punishment

Exodus 31:15 “Whosoever shall work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death”.

Numbers 15:32. “And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the Sabbath day…And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.”

5th. Commandment,
Exodus 20:12 “Honour thy father and thy mother”.

Old Testament punishment

Exodus 21:15-17 “And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death”.

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death”.

I find myself becoming ill and rather disgusted while doing the research to find the punishments that coincide with each of the commandments so I will just stop now. The brutality of the bible inspired to be written by man is too much for me to understand and accept as truth when God is supposedly an all loving God. I do hope that by at least showing these first five examples satisfy the question requirements.

Travis R

#17 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

Someone is making people believe Jesus made a mistake by not writing His own accounts Himself and the four gospels which gave the account of Jesus were contradictory. Even went far by asking if Jesus Christ could read or write? Get some answers if you care!

View the full article

#18 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

Are we children? Yes we are! I know that much Lord, and when we fellowship with you, when we live in your realm, we walk with confidence into the days, understanding that not only do we have your support, your guidance, but you put your word in our mouth according to your promise, and put an army of hosts around us if required, your word says so and we have personally experienced it, so we know so.

View the full article

#19 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:01 AM

There is power in the physical eyes, but the physical eyes will avail us of nothing if we are surrounded by darkness. There is tremendous power in the perception of eyes.

View the full article

#20 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

If you are sad about all the unfortunate things taking place in the world today and therefore seek salvation in the form of Christian living, then this article is the right place for you to have reached. If you are determined enough, it is still possible to lead a Christian life even in these troubled modern times. Christian living though may seem difficult, is not out of your reach, if you were to be motivated enough to do good for others.

View the full article

#21 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:21 AM

If I was like Jesus I would be kind, and tender and loving and meek, I would show true concern for the hungry and the hurt, I'd be looking at ways to heal the sick, but most importantly I would be truly concerned about bringing them enlightenment, understanding, conscience about sin, and salvation to their souls. But I would also be tough and bold if I was like Jesus; I would be firm and determined to plant on every heart the seed of love.

View the full article

#22 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

Indeed, the Jewish holidays are such an assorted group that it is hard not to wonder who and why decided things should be the way they are. The fact that some Jewish holidays are so different in their nature and motivations yet are celebrated within days from each other, may strike an outsider as odd. However, one needs to remember that everything in Judaism has an exact reason.

View the full article

#23 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:54 PM

There are people who have nothing to look forward to. Without hope, without expectations, without something to look forward to beyond today, you will just give up. Yes, the Return of Christ is the greatest hope there is, but if you have no hope for this life, then you will give up and settle.

View the full article

#24 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:18 PM

Calvin's position on Servetus was made plain throughout the period his trial and final execution. He wanted nothing short of the death of the man who had dared raise his opinions against his. Calvin revealed a personality trait typical of men imbued with a deep sense of service to God in matters of high principles which are thought to absolve the "man of God" of all humane considerations.

View the full article

#25 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

In Norse mythology Thor was the God of Thunder and the God of War and he carried a short handled hammer or Mjolnir, crafted by Dwarves, which he used to smash the heads of his enemies, especially Giants. The hammer was so heavy that in order to wield it, he had to wear a special belt, Meginjord, to boost his strength and iron gloves to enable him to lift it.

View the full article

#26 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

It doesn't seem fair or right, but sometimes when you read the Bible and the Holy Spirit shows you things, the deep things, the profound things, you tend to get puffed up by your personal knowledge. This is a step toward spiritual pride. Fr knowledge without experience and the application of that Knowledge nearly always produces pride. So how do we deal with spiritual pride?

View the full article

#27 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

Hebrews 11:1 may seem confusing, but two illustrations might help our understanding. The following illustration will help us understand the first part of the definition of faith, ("substance of things hoped for.")

View the full article

#28 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

How important is Repentance? It is the first principle of the Doctrine of Christ. Is it critical for the Christian? Yes. It is the first message that Jesus preached.

View the full article

#29 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

What do you think about reincarnation beliefs? Have you come across anyone who believes in the doctrine of the dead hanging on to more life after they die?

View the full article

#30 User is offline   edcrain 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

With full memory of my last death and reincarnation, my life has been about unearthing the religious myths that people believe in. There remains the question that if their God is real then why are so many suffering and why is the world in such dire straits as to make its end inevitable.

View the full article

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic