Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Welcome - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Welcome

#1 User is offline   drlmorris 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to your class in Historical Jesus studies. Please take time to introduce yourself and why you decided to take the class. I look forward to interacting with all of you.
Rev. Lisa Morris D.D.
Instructor/Master of the Historical Jesus
Instructor: Master of the Historical Jesus
Founder: The Historical Jesus Project

#2 User is offline   graham 

• Icon

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

Dear Rev. Lisa Morris

I am writing to introduce myself and to say how much I have appreciated the first two lessons.
I am British and have always been involved in teaching (history and languages) at both high school and university level since leaving Oxford University where I studied Modern History at the same time as that well known Rhodes Scholar, William Jefferson Clinton. Since then, I have always enjoyed further studies and have acquired degrees in French and Spanish from the Open University and other qualifications in TEFL, Hypnotherapy, etc. Since discovering the ULC Seminary, with which I am very impressed, I have followed a number of courses and am considering contributing one myself in the near future. I have also gained a theology doctorate from the Trinity Institute via their 'Oxford Method' course which was very beneficial to me because of the amount to required reading of core texts and commentaries.

I am sure that the lessons to come will be equally fruitful and enlightening.

Sincere good wishes

Graham Louden

#3 User is offline   normr 

• Icon

Posted 08 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

Hello Rev Lisa and other fellow ULC students. I am Norm, living in Brisbane Australia and mainly retired but doing contract work in my field every now and again.

I started the historical Jesus course, mainly to see how and perhaps why the idea of Jesus developed in history, rather than as some sort of affirmation of an already held religious belief in Christianity. I have already received the full course and read through the coursework with great interest. Owing to work and vacation pressures I have not yet "put pen to paper"(or whatever the digital equivalent of that is) to complete any of the coursework, but as my present term of work hopefully draws to an end I am resolved to get the required coursework effort into the system.

Having all the coursework before me now, I hope, gives me the ability to see the completeness of the study work and an appreciation of the work required of the study involved.

Regards from Australia.

Norm

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic