Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Wiccan Lesson 1 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wiccan Lesson 1 History of Paganism

#1 User is offline   Leah Coleman-Bellucci 

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:" I Believe In Everything & Nothing"

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

I found with the first lesson with Master of Wiccan Studies Program to be a very nice basic overview. I enjoyed the highlights on the Goddess representing fertility, The Goddess of Willendorf statue, and Athena for the Goddess of Women. Furthermore, all the areas of topic within this lesson were very interesting and gave a nice baseline to expand and delve deeper in, if one chooses.

An area that was interesting was the talk of "Heresy" back during the "Burning Times". Additional interest, the Catholic Church on how they moved towards paranoia during the Middle Ages. This created "Witch Hunts" from the growing sense of prejudice. I do feel paranoia still exists in our society of times today. Folks judging other for no doing or believing what mass majority does and thinks.

If you march to the rhythm of your own drum, then you may be ousted. I follow my own heart even if it ruffles feather. Having diversity creates the balance in the Universe.

My Motto: "I Believe in Everything and Nothing"

#2 User is offline   baalveer 

• Icon

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:11 AM

Thanks for sharing the same.

#3 User is offline   ipitimiseo 

• Icon

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:31 AM

Thanks for sharing this wonderful article. Keep it up.

#4 User is offline   Dr Richard 

• Icon

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:10 PM

I too found it to be a useful article. I had heard of the burning time, but didn't know much about it. Also, learning the difference between neo-pagans and historical pagans and wiccans was enlightening.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic