Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson 3 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson 3 Overview of Skills, Qualifications, and Training

#1 User is offline   Chpln. Abdullah Rashid 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

MY STRENGTHS
-Worked comfortably within a team environment, communicating respectfully across cultures and with individuals of different faith traditions.
-Maintained a high standard of ethical behavior, professionalism, and confidentiality.
-Established positive relationships with groups from diverse cultures, ages, professions and economic levels.
-Core values of integrity, accountability, self-management, balanced judgment, and initiative.

MY WEAKNESS
-Short-term memory in obtaining information such as names, phone numbers, and tasks.
-Anxiety, nervous chatterbox around large crowds especially when giving speeches, lectures and presentations.
-Lack of foreign language skills which causes a barrier in communication and understanding within the Islamic community.

MY PLAN
-I will write down information that I will need later and tasks to be completed.
-I will avoid thoughts about what might go wrong. Instead, focus my attention on thoughts and images that are calming and reassuring.
-I will practice ways to calm and relax my mind and body, such as deep breathing and relaxation exercises.
-I will visualize my success, focusing on my strengths and abilities to handle challenging situations.
-I will prepare my material in advance and read it aloud to get a preview.
-I will make connections with my audience by smiling and greeting, thinking of them as friends rather than enemies.
-I will stand or sit in a self-assured, confident posture. While remaining warm, open, and making eye contact.
-I will give up trying to be perfect and remind myself that it is OK to make mistakes and to be natural.
-I will study Arabic and Somali at a timely pace to ensure complete usage and understanding.

In order to become a chaplain the general qualifications at the entry level are:
-Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
-Two years of ministerial experience following ordination.
-Endorsement from a recognized denominational authority.

There is no formal ordination process or official requirements for becoming a chaplain in Islam.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic