Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Lesson 5 - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lesson 5 Altar Basics

#1 User is offline   dsurvivor 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

I like this lesson. The idea of a stump for an altar ... interesting. Hard to get it in a house...but if one has the altar outdoors.... The instructor encourages the making of the altar up to the individual and emphasizes the "personal touch." I like this. This is something we all do to a degree. I buy a boat and then I customize or personalize it to my tastes (name, color, comfort items, etc) and my use (fishing, water skiing, racing, etc). The customizing of the altar makes it come alive to the user.

I also note that the use of the objects help in another way...it is one of familiarity. There is power in this. I can relate. I go fishing and though I have several rods and reels...I have one or two high confident ones. I reach for them first. In my tackle box I have lures that are also tried and proven. I can't explain it but there is energy in those I have high confidence in. I know how they cast, run, and react. They are part of me...so the sword, the wand, and the other items of the altar can be developed in the same way in using them over and over...becoming connected with the user. :thumbsup:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic