Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Setianism - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Setianism

#1 User is offline   Ankhhape 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

I wish to inquire as to why an internationally recognized church with full, legal credentials since 1975, the Temple of Set is not recognized here, whereas non-recognized belief systems are included here? (I'm not pointing fingers, they know who they are).

#2 User is offline   donnab 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:50 AM

Perhaps there has just never been anyone on the forum before who follows that path. I plead ignorance, sorry, I have maybe heard it mentioned somewhere, but I have no idea what the belief structure is...perhaps you could enlighten myself and others who do not know anything about it?
Donna

#3 User is offline   KHPR 

• Icon

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:37 AM

Being a member of the Temple of Set and one of the Board of Directors I can answer the question. I was ordained in the ULC in 1992 and it took me about 5 minutes online. When I joined the Temple of Set later in 1992 it took me 8 years of hard work to earn my Priesthood, with another 5 years to earn my Master of the Temple [Magister Templii]. You probably don't see many Setians here because they appreciate the work they do to achieve their goals. Some members of the Priesthood may also join the ULC if they perform weddings because even though some people want to have a Setian Wedding ceremony they don't want to go on public record as being married by a Priest of the Temple of Set.

I mean no disrespect to the ULC and think the concept is wonderful. I joined because my best friend was getting married and wanted me to perform the ceremony. It gave me that ability and I'm grateful for that. I just think that you don't see too many Setians in the ULC because they see it as too easy.

Xeper,
Magister Robert Adams
Host, KHPR: The Voice of Darkness
http://khpr.xeper.org

#4 User is offline   rev mark 

• Advanced Member
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

View PostAnkhhape, on Feb 9 2010, 09:43 PM, said:

I wish to inquire as to why an internationally recognized church with full, legal credentials since 1975, the Temple of Set is not recognized here, whereas non-recognized belief systems are included here? (I'm not pointing fingers, they know who they are).

while the previous poster answered the question quite well,accusations are best gaurded until all information is gathered.

there are just about every form of "satanist"within the ulc.i have talked to them myself,and some still confuse me.and yes the temple of set is fully recognized,as is the church of satan,and a few others.but their priests may or may not identify as ulc members.

as far as the gentlemens comments about his studys,he like the priests in the church of satan never seem to include the cost(and i'm refering to the money they pay to do so),and i really see no difference in what they learn,vs what we learn.but i would be informed that i am wrong.wouldn't be the first time.

#5 User is offline   KHPR 

• Icon

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

View Postrev mark, on Feb 12 2010, 05:41 PM, said:

View PostAnkhhape, on Feb 9 2010, 09:43 PM, said:

while the previous poster answered the question quite well,accusations are best gaurded until all information is gathered.

there are just about every form of "satanist"within the ulc.i have talked to them myself,and some still confuse me.and yes the temple of set is fully recognized,as is the church of satan,and a few others.but their priests may or may not identify as ulc members.

as far as the gentlemens comments about his studys,he like the priests in the church of satan never seem to include the cost(and i'm refering to the money they pay to do so),and i really see no difference in what they learn,vs what we learn.but i would be informed that i am wrong.wouldn't be the first time.

Correction, The Church of Satan is not fully recognized as a 501©3 non-profit religious corporation while the Temple of Set is. The cost in the Temple of Set is $80/year. The first year gets you your certificate, membership card, I

#6 User is offline   Ankhhape 

• Icon

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

. . . and a cool Setian I medallion (not to mention access to a plethora of information second only to the library of Alexandria!)

This post has been edited by Ankhhape: 13 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users