Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home: Comparative Religion - Universal Life Church/ULC Seminary Forum Home

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Comparative Religion lessen 1

#1 User is offline   Rev. Damon L Gardiner 

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

I really am enjoying this class!
We need to be able to respond to those we serve.
people come to us from many different cultures, religions, walks of life ect.
we need to be able to communicate with those who come to us within a context they understand
we human beings tend address everything from our perspective and assume others understand as we do.
it is important we minister from a perspective of those we serve.
I really enjoyed the definition of theology. I have always looked at theology as the study of God his nature and attributes but now
I also see it entails much more including the study of religion and its influences on religious truth.
philosophy is the activity of thinking critically not just learning and accepting facts..
animism meaning the doctrine that all things are ensouled or least possess vital principle akin to life is a great truth.
the section on sacred text was amazing and I believe evidence to gods plan of total cosmic reconciliation.
it also showed how it is easy to get hundreds of different interpretations from just a simple phrase.
the belief omatc was fun and informative. I was pegged orthodox quaker and a mystic on spiritual type exercise lolol
Rev Damon L Gardiner

This post has been edited by Rev. Damon L Gardiner: 16 March 2017 - 12:19 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic